Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. 'god' free

I played baseball once, was surprisingly good at it and found it pretty enjoyable. This is going back a good ten years mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by exordium View Post
    dolla dolla bill y'all

Less, by simple definition, cannot be more. Seriously. Check the ****ing dictionary.

Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different.

2. Life Crisis at 1 am

Quote Originally Posted by joey_jordison1 View Post
    An offhand comment is hardly crying, is it now?
    It's just trolling, it doesn't add anything to the thread. Now go back to your dunkfest thread, this is about America's Pastime.

3. Moment of Truth

Trolling really has become a catch all term for "you posted something I don't like", hasn't it?

I hate when people degrade dunking too, by the way. They think it's easy because you don't have to shoot the ball; the hard part isn't elevating to the rim, it's getting close enough to dunk in the first place.
    Last edited by joey_jordison1; 05-06-2012 at 06:14 AM.
    Conquer land like Napoleon, military bomb fest
    We want sanitary food, planetary conquest

4. anti-shark cage?

Pssh... Baseball. Definition of "hurry up and wait".

You wait 15 minutes for 15 seconds of action.
    Says the guy who likes soccer. Some of the best baseball games I've watched were 1-0 games. The strategy is why so many people enjoy it. So many moves to make by the manager and any one of those moves could lead to success or failure in an instant. Getting the right matchup, selecting the right pitch for the moment, setting the defense based on the record of the hitter at the plate. Knowing the history between hitters and pitchers at all times. There is always action. You just have to understand the sport, and the strategy. Baseball is the king of statistics for a reason.
    I think you might come to enjoy it if you can get your adhd under control. (sarcasm)

5. anti-shark cage?

Oh and the Braves got way behind and came back again last night!

6. Life Crisis at 1 am

Trolling really has become a catch all term for "you posted something I don't like", hasn't it?

I hate when people degrade dunking too, by the way. They think it's easy because you don't have to shoot the ball; the hard part isn't elevating to the rim, it's getting close enough to dunk in the first place.
    Trolling is when you say something you know people won't like just to be obnoxious. You, of all people, know what trolling is.
    And I don't think dunking is easy, I just don't care about NBA. I much prefer NCAA, and even then, "liking" NCAA bball is a stretch.
    I didn't come into your thread and talk **** about the NBA, so don't come in here lecturing us on how boring baseball is. I've followed my team for my entire life, learning the nuances, the history, the strategy, following the trades in the off-season, finally making it to the World Series after years of heartbreak, and you come in here with your one liner about how active baseball is, thinking you're so clever and going to get a reaction... please... you really are a child.

On the topic: Well done Braves, maybe you can get back to the playoffs. My lifelong friend is a die hard Braves/Chipper Jones fan, so I always want them to do well. Especially since you're in the NL and no competitor of mine.

7. <*))>><

People who dont understand the baseball game, often say that the sport is 90% no action , and 10% action.
    It takes a lot more to get all the aspects of the game, there's more to it than soccer.

8. <*))>><

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    I don't know, but you could feel a home run coming.

Yes.
    648/649 direct tv.
    I think i got the score all wrong , and that we both are talking bout the same game, my bad..It came by very fast on Baseball tonight, and i thought the phillies won...i look like a fool!

9. 2012 PDF FFL CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Trolling is when you say something you know people won't like just to be obnoxious. You, of all people, know what trolling is.
    And I don't think dunking is easy, I just don't care about NBA. I much prefer NCAA, and even then, "liking" NCAA bball is a stretch.
    I didn't come into your thread and talk **** about the NBA, so don't come in here lecturing us on how boring baseball is. I've followed my team for my entire life, learning the nuances, the history, the strategy, following the trades in the off-season, finally making it to the World Series after years of heartbreak, and you come in here with your one liner about how active baseball is, thinking you're so clever and going to get a reaction... please... you really are a child.

On the topic: Well done Braves, maybe you can get back to the playoffs. My lifelong friend is a die hard Braves/Chipper Jones fan, so I always want them to do well. Especially since you're in the NL and no competitor of mine.
    What's that smell? Smells crispy, did someone perhaps just get toasted? Bahaha.

Also in terms of thread: I too, like Kerry's friend, was a diehard Braves fan and my favorite player was actually Chipper Jones. LOL. Him and Rafael Furcal when he played for the Braves; I also enjoyed Gary Sheffield, especially his batting stance. My friend is a Rockies fan even though she lives in Tennessee, but she goes visit her family during the summer and goes to plenty of their games.
    22" x 18" (2) | 10" x 8" | 12" x 9" | 14" x 11" | 16" x 13" | Chris Adler Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    What happens when the Unstoppable Banhammer meets the Immovable Alan12? I think the universe would implode.
    Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    yeah, but I'm the Jeff that Jeff talks about when he talks about "the Jeff" to other Jeffs.

10. Moment of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Not trying to piss anyone off, just sharing my opinion. In fact, if you simply ignored it... Ahh, who am I kidding.

I'd say it takes two people to make someone angry, but even that is false. No one can make you mad, only you can succumb to your own anger. Woo sah and all that good stuff.

I didn't come into your thread and talk **** about the NBA
    But if you did, I'd either say "you are entitled to your opinion" or just leave it alone. What an amazing idea, right?

, so don't come in here lecturing us on how boring baseball is. I've followed my team for my entire life, learning the nuances, the history, the strategy, following the trades in the off-season, finally making it to the World Series after years of heartbreak, and you come in here with your one liner about how active baseball is, thinking you're so clever and going to get a reaction... please... you really are a child.
    If that truly was my intention, you've made a fool of yourself by stooping to my level, no? If I posted that sentence thinking I was going to get a reaction, well then I'd say that thought was pretty well warranted...

For someone who thinks they're an expert on trolling, you haven't seemed to learn that lesson #1 is "never feed the troll".

11. Moment of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Says the guy who likes soccer.
    Even if you reduced soccer to a series of free kicks and took away all the running (midfielders run 7 miles in a game on average), it would still have about 12x the action of any game of baseball.

12. Keep the baggage.

Let's go Blue Jays!

That's all I've got.