Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Single braced Pearl cymbal stands..

Just picked up another 90s Pearl single braced cymbal stand. This one has a black logo on it, but is identical to one with a gold logo on it that I also own.

These stands are awesome and what is amazing is that there are significantly lighter than the Gibraltar Flat based stuff I own. Does anyone know when they were produced and which kits they came with or the model numbers. I can't find that much on the web....

Secondly I've got a similar era mount (gold label) which is a boom made of three sections, with the bottom section being a larger diameter than the stands I own. Something like this..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEARL-CYMB...23121597318770

it's not in great condition, however does anyone know if the leg sections themselves would be the same size as the stands above? A couple of the legs on the new stand I picked up have some really heavy pitting, I was thinking I could swap the legs around - of course I'd need to pop the rivets out first, but replacing rivers with nylon locking nuts and bolts is something I often do on older gear. Unfortunately the stand is not with me right now so can't check myself.
    I play Panda Percussion and Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals with negligible talent.

At any time let x be the number of kits I own, then x+1 is the number of kits I want.

2. Less is more

dear pearl: please go back to making single braced stands. we are all getting over our heavy hardware phase....

3. The Hardware Guy

Andrew - is your boom stand like this one?

If yes, then no the legs aren't swappable. On the 850 stuff, which later became the 855 and is now comparable to the 1000 series, the top section (either straight or boom) is 5/8" dia, the mid tube is 7/8" (same as a Pearl tom arm) and the base 1". On your stand, which is a B-750 (which is from around 89/90 to 95-ish, possibly a little bit later 96/97 maybe) has a 7/8" base section and 5/8" top section.

I have a couple of the C-750 stands, which were three section stands (the B-750 I think was the only one in the range that was 2 section) which has the same tubing size on the base as yours (7/8) with the mid section matching your upper section (5/8) and the top section, with the tilter, being the same as the boom on your B-750 (unsure of the size, maybe 1/2" or possibly less?)

Last edited by Thrush; 04-16-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2

4. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by chilledbongo View Post
    dear pearl: please go back to making single braced stands. we are all getting over our heavy hardware phase....
    I love heavy hardware!!! But then, I rarely move it, so the carrying weight doesn't bother me - I just like it's standing weight, and weight-bearing capacity
    PICSPICS 2

5. Ew, is that a snake?

Those old stands are great, I own a few myself. They're part of the original 700 sereis (not the new junk 700 series that comes with the Foru=m). The collars, the legs, the light tubing, everything about these stands is perfect. The stand stands have friction tilters and go low enough to use a marching drum as your main snare or mount a legless floor tom. I'd love to own a complete set of these stands, and am sure the packs would spread like wildfire if Pearl re-released them exactly as they once were. Image those old 80's 700 stands with Unilock tilters!

6. Moshpit machine

Quote Originally Posted by barjack View Post
    Those old stands are great, I own a few myself. They're part of the original 700 sereis (not the new junk 700 series that comes with the Foru=m). The collars, the legs, the light tubing, everything about these stands is perfect. The stand stands have friction tilters and go low enough to use a marching drum as your main snare or mount a legless floor tom. I'd love to own a complete set of these stands, and am sure the packs would spread like wildfire if Pearl re-released them exactly as they once were. Image those old 80's 700 stands with Unilock tilters!
    Yes, it seems the new growing fad is single braced/lightweight hardware (and thank god for that). People are finally realizing that you don't need to lug around heavy stands just to hold a crash. Hope pearl doesn't miss out on it like they did with shallower toms.
    Make it light, durable, reliable, infinitely adjustable and cheap
    Under the sign of D-beat

7. Registered User

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm seriously considering keeping my Pearl stuff and selling off the Gibralatar AX and flat based stuff I've picked up. The Pearl is just smoking the Gibraltar on the weight side, and as a drummer without a car that's key for me. Also I've never knocked over a cymbal stand, I just don't need heavy.

I didn't know you were London based Thrush, I know no selling on the forum and all, but if you ever find yourself with a spare stand (or just sections) from that range please do let me know ASAP!!!!
    I play Panda Percussion and Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals with negligible talent.

At any time let x be the number of kits I own, then x+1 is the number of kits I want.

8. The Hardware Guy

I've only got the two, and no plans to shift 'em I'm afraid! But if I see any on my travels, I'll surely point you to 'em!
    PICSPICS 2

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by andrew brooks View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm seriously considering keeping my Pearl stuff and selling off the Gibralatar AX and flat based stuff I've picked up. The Pearl is just smoking the Gibraltar on the weight side, and as a drummer without a car that's key for me. Also I've never knocked over a cymbal stand, I just don't need heavy.

I didn't know you were London based Thrush, I know no selling on the forum and all, but if you ever find yourself with a spare stand (or just sections) from that range please do let me know ASAP!!!!
    Hi,

You can still get the Pearl BC-100S single braced convertible stands. They were just released a couple years ago. You can get them for about $60 and they can be either a boom or straight cymbal stand (and the same base can be set as a tripod or completely flat).

http://www.google.com/products/catal...=0CIABEPMCMAE#

The boom arm is also interchangeable with all the other Pearl stands, so you can just take the more functional boom arm from any Eliminator stand and use it with the lighter base and extension tube of the BC-100S stand. You still get the full adjustability of the gearless tilters along with the much lighter base.

MM
    Last edited by MusicMan; 04-17-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    2013 Pearl Reference Pure / #000 Marshall Black

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6x8 TT, 5.5x13 SD, 4x12 SD

2014 Pearl Reference Pure "Metro Gig Pro" / #000 Marshall Black

16x16 KD, 10x13 FT, 6x10 TT, 5x12 SD

10. Are you shure?

I have a 90s pearl single braced stand. It isn't a boom stand though, it's the gold logo version, I bought it new (old unsold stock) about 7 years ago, the chrome is now fairly badly pitted, and it is giving up the ghost slowly... It will be replaced this week... That is for my gigging kit! When I have fixed it and the rattle it gave it will be for ma jazz kit!

11. Zilhead

GC.com has pearl stands with flat capability.

Pearl VBL Black Burst
    10x8 - 12x9 - 14x5.5 - 14x12 - 16x14 - 22x18
    Zildjian A / A Custom / K Custom / Z3 / FX Cymbals
    Pearl / Tama Hardware
    Vater / Vic Firth / Zildjian Sticks

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JCBills View Post
    GC.com has pearl stands with flat capability.
    Hi,

Yes. The Pearl BC-100S.

They are also interchangeable with the upper portion of an Eliminator stand so you can use any of the gearless tilters with the lighter base.
    2013 Pearl Reference Pure / #000 Marshall Black

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6x8 TT, 5.5x13 SD, 4x12 SD

2014 Pearl Reference Pure "Metro Gig Pro" / #000 Marshall Black

16x16 KD, 10x13 FT, 6x10 TT, 5x12 SD