Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

I updated the pictures from a better camera and lighting.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I really, really, love this kit and it came out better than I had imagined. I bought it blind off of Guitar Center's used website. The end result is turned into a kit that was beyond my wildest expectation. The 3ply Ludwigs just have a sound that cant be reproduced. Most of the Ludwig 3plys only came in 13-18 sizes for all those years. Being able to find a complete set with the smaller sizes was a blessing. As far as luck, I am not a luck guy. I will say the Lord has blessed beyond what I deserve.
    Last edited by csnow; 04-16-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    Vintage Ludwig and Paiste = Heaven on Earth

2. No I'm doesn't.

Beautiful! There is nothing better than a 3 ply Ludwig kit. Nothing. I am jealous of the smaller toms, because I'd love a run of matching concert toms. Well done, sir!
    FOR SALE: Pearl 14x3.5 Free Floater Maple Piccolo
    Pearl 14x6.5 Brass Sensitone
    Pearl Eliminator Double Bass Pedal

Ludwig '76 Classic - 24, 14, 16, 18

My band: Horseburner

3. Registered User

how do you like that blue bell ride.....i've always lusted over it beings that Stewart Copeland is my fav drummer, and its visually stunning, but I've never actually seen one in person, nor have i heard one up close

4. Registered User

Nice work. Shallow toms look great, on the shallower Sonor Teardrop kits the lugs were offset slightly, so there's good precedent on classic kits too.
    I play Panda Percussion and Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals with negligible talent.

At any time let x be the number of kits I own, then x+1 is the number of kits I want.

5. I <3 Ludwigs.

Nice Vette!
    Oh, the drums are OK, too.
    I've got a Maple Cortex kit from '76, too! But instead of the 6" tom, I have the 15".
    I kept my 8" and 10" concert toms, though.
    I still have the receipt from when my dad bought them new.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by antiviolent View Post
    Beautiful! There is nothing better than a 3 ply Ludwig kit. Nothing. I am jealous of the smaller toms, because I'd love a run of matching concert toms. Well done, sir!
    I agree, the Ludwig 3 plys are the best sounding drums to my ears. I have a Tama StarClassic Performer kit and it doesnt hold a candle to these drums. Anyone need a Tama kit?

Quote Originally Posted by erion_929 View Post
    how do you like that blue bell ride.....i've always lusted over it beings that Stewart Copeland is my fav drummer, and its visually stunning, but I've never actually seen one in person, nor have i heard one up close
    The Blue Bell is by far my favorite ride. I have the RBDR, Sig full, Zildjian Med, and a couple of others. I recently got this one and this one is it. I am going to sell all the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew brooks View Post
    Nice work. Shallow toms look great, on the shallower Sonor Teardrop kits the lugs were offset slightly, so there's good precedent on classic kits too.
    They turned out better than I thought. The 6" looks a little silly since the lugs are parallel to each other because it is so shallow. Definitely worth the effort to upgrade them. The concert toms didnt mix well with dual headed toms. If you have a full concert kit you can pull it off, but a mix of toms just sounded bad.

Quote Originally Posted by erwinner View Post
    Nice Vette!
    Oh, the drums are OK, too.
    I've got a Maple Cortex kit from '76, too! But instead of the 6" tom, I have the 15".
    I kept my 8" and 10" concert toms, though.
    I still have the receipt from when my dad bought them new.
    Very cool. I would have loved to have the 15" instead of the 6". The 6" is kinda useless but I couldn't bring myself to put it in the closet. Did yours have the lower bearing edges cut or were they banded at the bottom? The vette is my other baby

7. I <3 Ludwigs.

Quote Originally Posted by csnow View Post
    Very cool. I would have loved to have the 15" instead of the 6". The 6" is kinda useless but I couldn't bring myself to put it in the closet. Did yours have the lower bearing edges cut or were they banded at the bottom? The vette is my other baby
    Yep. They both have the bottom re-rings and edges cut. I like them original, though this kit doesn't get played much anymore. I like the 22" bass on my '65 Ludwigs and there's less sentimental attachment to those drums.

8. o.0

A Blue Bell? Nice. Always nice to see another one on the forum.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by erwinner View Post
    Yep. They both have the bottom re-rings and edges cut. I like them original, though this kit doesn't get played much anymore. I like the 22" bass on my '65 Ludwigs and there's less sentimental attachment to those drums.
    I would love to find a 15" in Sky Blue Pearl on eBay some day. If you ever see one on the eBay, please keep me in mind and PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by CBK_Raccoon View Post
    A Blue Bell? Nice. Always nice to see another one on the forum.
    I am surprised there aren't more being played. To me, it is what a ride cymbal should sound like. I couldnt ask for anything more than what this beautiful ride does.

10. I'm Ron $%&# Swanson

nice ride as well. Please tell me it's a manual
    "Any dog under 50 pounds is a cat and cats are useless."- Ron Swanson

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."- Calvin (Bill Watterson)

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dudewuttheheck View Post
    nice ride as well. Please tell me it's a manual
    Yep, six speed with stage 3 diff w/4.10 gears. She dynoed 480 rwhp, or 550 hp at the crank naturally aspirated. It should be 650-680 rwhp once I add the supercharger.

12. I'm Ron $%&# Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by csnow View Post
    Yep, six speed with stage 3 diff w/4.10 gears. She dynoed 480 rwhp, or 550 hp at the crank naturally aspirated. It should be 650-680 rwhp once I add the supercharger.
    YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!! You just made my day. I cannot tell you how many people here in socal have corvettes and then ruin them with flappy paddles.

Oh wow that will be epic. Already extremely impressive at 480rwhp. You'll be topping the zr1 for less money I'm guessing.

I know people hate on American cars quite a lot, but imo a good Corvette is not only a great car, but possibly the best deal in the world as far as performance for money.

I don't want to hijack the thread with car talk. I mean, that kit is even more gorgeous than the car. (But I do love the car as well.)

You have one of the best garages in the world overall. You have an epic kit and car, that's my dream!
    "Any dog under 50 pounds is a cat and cats are useless."- Ron Swanson

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."- Calvin (Bill Watterson)