Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. HenryTJO11

Default The new DW9300 Airlift Snare Stand

I ordered the standard DW9300 Snare Stand from Sound Attak Drum Store in the UK but they didn't have any in stock at the time. So 2 weeks later (today) it finally arrived after they had to order it in from DW. But instead of receiving the standard DW9300, I received the Airlift version. I'm not sure if it's different in size to the standard DW9300 but it deffinitely is the bulkiest and most heavy duty snare stand I've ever come across. It really is amazing. I love how you can just adjust it anywhere to have it exactly how you want it and the small boom arm that's with it allows you to place it easily when using a double kick setup. The picture doesn't do it much justice for the actual size and quality of the snare stand, but if you are familiar with the DW9300, then say if there's any difference between the standard and the airlift version.

Also I got it for 100! If you're a drummer in the UK, you have to shop at soundattak.co.uk.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. Registered User

I'm not familiar with the airlift version but I have 2 ordinary DW 9300 snare stands and they are the best there is,no question...!!

3. Get Down On It

What exactly is different? I have the 9300 and I see no noticeable differences. Is there a cylinder in the down tube?
    Ludwig Keystone in pewter glass 8X10, 9X12, 16X16, 18X22, 6.5X14 Gretsch laquered brass Legend
    Sabian cymbal non-endorsed endorsee since 1982

4. Less is more

ill be the skunk at the garden party.....i had the 9300, but got rid of it. parts of it came loose too easily. i never really liked that plastic rachet mechanism, and the knurled tubing eventually wore down to where it would not hold a grip.....plus the weight is absurd, unless you play like a gorilla....as heavy as it is, it actually got kind of rickety after awhile......it had to go. and i don't miss it......

5. Moshpit machine

I would hate to lug it around when gigging, but for stationary setups i'm sure it's great. Good price, too
    Under the sign of D-beat

6. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Blisco View Post
    What exactly is different? I have the 9300 and I see no noticeable differences. Is there a cylinder in the down tube?
    DW actually released "Air Lift" hardware this year at NAMM which features a cylinder in the down tube to allow for easy positioning without having to take the drum off of the stand. It's only in the 9000 series tom/snare stands and it's a bit more expensive than the original 9000 series hardware though. You can see a vid about it below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEGzwFzkcc8
    Gretsch Drums | DW & PDP Hardware | Sabian | Pro-Mark | Evans Drumheads

Gretsch Catalina Club Rock in Transparent Ebony Lacquer

7. HenryTJO11

What I've worked out from it, is that instead of loosening the quick-release handle and making it so the knurled parts wear down, I'm just going to take the actual snare basket off each time I set my kit down. That way the only part than can get 'ruined' is the drum key screw that holds it in place. I'm glad it's rock solid and really heavy. It's how I like my stands. I don't hit hard at all, but I really like the feeling that my stands are not going anywhere at all. Haha. I put all my hardware in a PR hardware bag and that is also very strong. I'm surprised the straps haven't snapped off yet *touchwood they don't* and that's lasted me over a year and gone on 4 tours. I think the only difference between the 9300 and 9300AL is the cylinder inside the tube of the legs. The sizes of the different parts aren't any different.

8. Pearl Masters Drummer

Hard to see a need for this. I can easily and do frequently change the height of my snare stand with the drum on it on my Pearl 900 series stand that was $65. I don't see this being a huge advantage to that. Do they have a throne that has airlift like roc-n-soc? I could see that being useful.

9. HenryTJO11

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt8 View Post
    Hard to see a need for this. I can easily and do frequently change the height of my snare stand with the drum on it on my Pearl 900 series stand that was $65. I don't see this being a huge advantage to that. Do they have a throne that has airlift like roc-n-soc? I could see that being useful.
    I actually ordered the standard and it was out of stock and then I received this. Not realyl a problem at all. It's not really any point because you don't need to actually loosen the tube wingnut to 'disassemble' the stand. Just take the basket off and then put the legs up and it will easily fit into any hardware case. So no, the airlift in snare stands isn't really any point.

DW do offer the Airlift system in their drum thrones. Check out the DW9100AL or DW9120AL. http://www.dwdrums.com/hardware/9000/hardware.asp

10. Get Down On It

I get the tom stand. That can be useful to a point. The snare seems useless since it's only one drum and supporting it while raising it is not difficult. Plus, who make micro adjustments all the time. I set up my 9300 6 years ago and haven't touched it. (coming from a guy who sits on a hydraulic/neumatic throne)

I fold the basket and legs and drop it in the hardware bag. I can deploy it in 3.27 seconds.
    Ludwig Keystone in pewter glass 8X10, 9X12, 16X16, 18X22, 6.5X14 Gretsch laquered brass Legend
    Sabian cymbal non-endorsed endorsee since 1982

11. At the copa.....copacabana

For 100, that's great!

Excellent find man.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

12. Moshpit machine

Quote Originally Posted by Blisco View Post
    I fold the basket and legs and drop it in the hardware bag. I can deploy it in 3.27 seconds.
    Same here. Who the hell re-adjusts their snare stand every two minutes?
    Under the sign of D-beat