Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Brick Tamland

It really is a unique sound in terms of trying to intergrate it into music. I would enjoy having one just as a little effect to use, but honestly, it wouldn't get much use. I think I'd take one of those before a china, but my go-to trashy-sound cymbal is the Meinl Extra Dry Extra Thin Crash. I don't own one... but I will someday! I promise!
    I love when my cymbals talk dirty to me.
    Tama Swingstar
    My Ocean Sparkle Kit
    My Ebay
    Currently After: 8x7, 16x13, & 20x18 MMX Ocean Sparkle w/ Satin Hardware - Please PM if you found some!!

2. I'm Ron $%&# Swanson

It's not weird to not fall in love with it. I personally am not into effects cymbals much at all (i use hats and 3 rides) so I prefer a trashy ride or crash to a cymbal with holes in it. I have heard these types of cymbals in other players' setups and they sounded good, but they are unique and quite specific sounding cymbals.
    "Any dog under 50 pounds is a cat and cats are useless."- Ron Swanson

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."- Calvin (Bill Watterson)

3. Less is more

too quiet? really? the times i have heard these cymbals being played live, they were the loudest things on the kit....they sounded like a louder brighter crash, to me

4. Registered User

Didn't take long to find a new owner. And honestly, it doesn't feel like I'm missing it all when playing now. Guess it was the right move.
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga |:| Ltd. Ed. Tama Koa Bubinga Snare |:| Simon Phillips Signature Snare

For Sale: Taking Offers - PM Me!

-Pearl SATIN Optimounts

5. Angoose

How much did you get for it in the end? I think from your posts, that yes it was the right move. They're sought after over here as well, and are usually snapped up pretty fast, if they ever appear 2nd hand, which they don't really.

6. Matt Flacche

They must have been closer to the overheads.

Quote Originally Posted by chilledbongo View Post
    too quiet? really? the times i have heard these cymbals being played live, they were the loudest things on the kit....they sounded like a louder brighter crash, to me

7. Registered User

Case in point why you should thoroughly test a cymbal in context with your array before making a purchase.

8. Registered User

A matter of taste.. some guys like it, some dont.. Personally I like it...

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NuggsTheDrummer View Post
    How much did you get for it in the end? I think from your posts, that yes it was the right move. They're sought after over here as well, and are usually snapped up pretty fast, if they ever appear 2nd hand, which they don't really.
    Was offered 200, countered with 230 because of shipping costs and paypal fees. In the end I got screwed over with the fees and probably only made just over 200 on the cymbal. Exactly why I rarely sell on eBay anymore. Oh well.
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga |:| Ltd. Ed. Tama Koa Bubinga Snare |:| Simon Phillips Signature Snare

For Sale: Taking Offers - PM Me!

-Pearl SATIN Optimounts

10. Angoose

Quote Originally Posted by BRX rad View Post
    Was offered 200, countered with 230 because of shipping costs and paypal fees. In the end I got screwed over with the fees and probably only made just over 200 on the cymbal. Exactly why I rarely sell on eBay anymore. Oh well.
    That's a shame, but still not that bad. I wasn't surprised it sold so quickly.

11. Matt Flacche

+1

Quote Originally Posted by BRX rad View Post
    I'd say I'm just not happy with the overall sound. I don't think it's a dud or that there's anything "wrong" with it, the sound just isn't for me.