Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. formerly TubCrusher

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Why oh why are most people such d**chebags?
    Are you referring to me?
    Never take life too seriously, 'cause you'll never get out alive!!

My Dirty Little Collection..

2. Reason Over Religion

No!!! I was referring to the dudes you had to deal with.
    Pearl Masters Studio BRX Millennium Mist Artist
    10x8, 12x9, 14x11, 16x13. 18x22, Eric Singer Sig Snare, 6x12 & 6x15 Rocket Toms
    Pearl Hardware and DW 5000 double pedals

3. formerly TubCrusher

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    No!!! I was referring to the dudes you had to deal with.
    Thanks. You'd be surprised at the amount of d-bags. On any level. Promoters, Sound, Lighting, artists, etc.

All I can say is that there is more to the story and everyone, from out booking agent, manager, singer (who's band it was), tried to talk this promoter out of it. In fact, it took longer for each drummer to adjust the kit to his liking than it did for me to assemble my huge rack and put it on and take it off of stage......

Sorry Chris for the Hijack...
    Never take life too seriously, 'cause you'll never get out alive!!

My Dirty Little Collection..

4. Rockin' & Rollin'

All good bro. People in this business are often intimidated and turned off by large kits. The honest truth though is that the drummer will have a much better performance on their own rig and, as you mentioned, is usually able to get his or her kit on and off faster than adjusting everything on a house kit...ESPECIALLY if there are memory locks in place. I'm hardly ever a fan of the "house kit" situation, but you just have to roll with it the best you can, then get on out there and kick some ***!
    Proud Sabian, Innovative Percussion, KickPort & KellyShu endorsee
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/drumgodpc3
    NEW RACK/RISER THREAD! - Level Rack UCR
    Original Level 2 Rack
    My Ref's, New Pic's pg.23!

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DRUMGODpc3 View Post
    All good bro. People in this business are often intimidated and turned off by large kits. The honest truth though is that the drummer will have a much better performance on their own rig and, as you mentioned, is usually able to get his or her kit on and off faster than adjusting everything on a house kit...ESPECIALLY if there are memory locks in place. I'm hardly ever a fan of the "house kit" situation, but you just have to roll with it the best you can, then get on out there and kick some ***!
    Very well said, Chris.
    Steve
    1976,Chrome Ludwigs w/gloss black inside shells,26x14(x2),13x9,14x10,16x16ft,18x16ft,6''ct, 8"ct,14x6.5 BB SS Snare,Pearl Icon Racks, 2000 series HW and D-2000BR Throne. Zildjians A's, 1960"s Vintage. Tama LE Bubinga/Ebony Exotic Snare, Pearl 14x6.5 MCX Snare,14x6.5 Pearl Free Floater.

6. Rockin' & Rollin'

Shameless bump!
    Proud Sabian, Innovative Percussion, KickPort & KellyShu endorsee
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/drumgodpc3
    NEW RACK/RISER THREAD! - Level Rack UCR
    Original Level 2 Rack
    My Ref's, New Pic's pg.23!

7. anti-shark cage?

Great thread, Chris.
    Hope to see you play soon!
    Nice to meet/talk to you the other day. (under the circumstances, lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

8. My Concord Faded

Quote Originally Posted by DRUMGODpc3 View Post
    The honest truth though is that the drummer will have a much better performance on their own rig
    This... ive even been prodded by band members to use someone elses kit for times sake. I never budge for this very reason.
    VBX Concord Fade 7 Piece
    Kick Sub Mod
    How to: Split your double (P2002) Eliminator into singles (P2000)

dFd Black Chrome 2.3mm hoops for sale, single 6", 8, 10, 12, 14(8 hole), 16, 18 (pairs)

9. Reason Over Religion

Everytime I've had to play on a house kit, my performance has suffered. No doubt.
    Pearl Masters Studio BRX Millennium Mist Artist
    10x8, 12x9, 14x11, 16x13. 18x22, Eric Singer Sig Snare, 6x12 & 6x15 Rocket Toms
    Pearl Hardware and DW 5000 double pedals

10. My Concord Faded

Why do you think that is? For me its a mix of "i know where my drums sit, that they sound/look good" and "i play them all the time vs. this other kit". So i sit there really self conscious worrying what people think about me and then screw up at some point.
    VBX Concord Fade 7 Piece
    Kick Sub Mod
    How to: Split your double (P2002) Eliminator into singles (P2000)

dFd Black Chrome 2.3mm hoops for sale, single 6", 8, 10, 12, 14(8 hole), 16, 18 (pairs)

11. Tama Nut Job

What a faintastic setup!

I'm trying to find the virgin kick mounts on Level's site to no avail. I'm on a bit of a data gathering road here

I had use of a ex-drum shop owner and friend's Voelker for many years (the only one in Australia I believe), overhead cymbal rack and all, and about the only issue I had with it was the virgin kick mounting. I rigged up a system that worked but it was far from elegant, but I've not seen a way of doing it so far that I was completely in love with. I have a pretty complicated rack setup at the moment for a 3 but planned 4 bass drum rig (which you can see here if you like) that runs leg bars at angles leaning outward, and obviously my mind is going down the incorporated riser route to anchor the legs. Being able to mount the kicks would simplify the riser setup immensely...

12. #1 Godless Heathen.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but the rack looks kind of like Prow of a ship Looks great, mate! I've often wondered how those kicks stay up in the air, now I know
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumLord316 View Post
    Metallica is as metal as it gets.
    Trust me, I play traditional grip.