Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. METAL UP YOUR ***!

Default Most hated China cymbal

This type of thread has been trending, so why not?

My least favorite china would be the Wuhan 18" (all the sizes, for that matter). They sound great in recordings, I will admit that, but in real life there is hell to pay in those overtones. They hurt my ears and give me a headache.
    I love to trade cymbals. ;)

Mapex Saturn Pro - 12rt-14ft-18bd
    Tama Granstar II - 10rt-12rt-14rt-18ft-22bd
    Starclassic Copper 5.5"x14"
    Tama Brass 6.5"x14"

2. PDF's Only Catdog

I must admit i havent played alot of chinas but the PST3 china is a pretty bad cymbal
    For SaleTrick RPM Snare. PM for details
    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Soon, there will be no drummers, only a guy standing in the background clapping.

3. Go Kimi Räikkönen

The worst china i've ever heard is definitely Meinl Classics 18". It's just awful and so loud. It makes my ears bleeding.

4. Registered User

So many... the worst by far would be a 20" Pearl 500 WILD China Type. For those who don't know the Pearl WILD 500's were a total Paiste RUDE series knockoff (see here), but they are absolutely rubbish cymbals.. simply atrocious! Thankfully for most of you they were an utter failure and they never made many and many of them that poor fools did buy are now cracked and probably sound more interesting like that than before.

5. Registered User

20" Zildjian China Boy. Hated it. Bought an 18" oriental instead. Awesome cymbal.

6. 'god' free

I've never liked chinas being played ride-style. Not brash enough for me. I'm a fan of the china that leaps up and not just bites your face off but chews it up, spits it out and then uses it as a litter tray, all whilst you watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by exordium View Post
    dolla dolla bill y'all

Less, by simple definition, cannot be more. Seriously. Check the ****ing dictionary.

7. At the copa.....copacabana

Quote Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
    So many... the worst by far would be a 20" Pearl 500 WILD China Type. For those who don't know the Pearl WILD 500's were a total Paiste RUDE series knockoff (see here), but they are absolutely rubbish cymbals.. simply atrocious! Thankfully for most of you they were an utter failure and they never made many and many of them that poor fools did buy are now cracked and probably sound more interesting like that than before.
    Saying that though, my old high school had a set of wild hihats and the sounded phenomenal. Dunno if it was the room or what, but they were great.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

8. Immortality has its Privelages

I'm surprized these threads get such traction.
    There are so many chinas I can't stand... But possibly my least favorite is the sabian holy china..

No tone at all, not even much kang.

9. .

Quote Originally Posted by Groketor View Post
    The worst china i've ever heard is definitely Meinl Classics 18". It's just awful and so loud. It makes my ears bleeding.
    +1

anyone going to make most hated hi-hats thread?

10. Drumoholic

I played an AAX China that I really didn't care for, and I used to have a 12" Agazarian china that sounded straight up bad to me, but I only paid 10 bucks for it, because I just wanted a china for a song my band was doing at the time.
    Church Drummers Army
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Pearl Forum Series in Wine Red
    Tama Superstar in White Satin Haze
    Pearl - Tama - Zildjian - Vater

11. PDF's Night Owl

this all started with my most hated crash thread lol, but im flatered all of you like the idea. ill start a most hated hats thread right now
    R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan
    |CRUSH|ZILDJIAN|SABIAN|EVANS|PROMARK|

12. METAL UP YOUR ***!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Overlord View Post
    I'm surprized these threads get such traction.
    Easy: they make you nostalgia from the bad-good times of your drumming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    20" Zildjian China Boy. Hated it. Bought an 18" oriental instead. Awesome cymbal.
    I have a 20" A China Boy High. One of the very few chinas I have ever liked. I do not like the Oriental chinas. They're too low-pitched for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Overlord View Post
    But possibly my least favorite is the sabian holy china..
    I do not like this china at all. I was horrified when I played it at my local Sam Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by ludwigdrums View Post
    anyone going to make most hated hi-hats thread?
    Zildjian New Beats. Too chunky. I've owned 3 pairs and only have kind of liked one. I do not own any of them now.

Obviously, I hope you see that I am only considering high-end cymbals.
    I once had a 14" Scimitar Bronze china boy. Sounded like udder s***.

I cannot stand Derek Roddy's china. The meinl Mb20 20" Rock China. There is absolutely no response to it.
    I love to trade cymbals. ;)

Mapex Saturn Pro - 12rt-14ft-18bd
    Tama Granstar II - 10rt-12rt-14rt-18ft-22bd
    Starclassic Copper 5.5"x14"
    Tama Brass 6.5"x14"