Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. HenryTJO11

Quote Originally Posted by drummerandy View Post
    yap,it's rock tour custom,and yes i agree that it will be great if he returns to Pearl,u can't find anything on the Yamaha drum website which i think pretty sucks
    I believe it's a Yamaha Oak Custom X or something. If you go on their website and go on acoustic kits and then on the Oak Custom ones, then press show discontinued products, it should come up with the Yamaha Oak Custom X. He used them because of the shallow rack toms and deep kick/snare drums.

2. HenryTJO11

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    as the proud new owner of a Yamaha hex rack, I can attest that they are amazing. I gotta say though, those kick drums look uncomfortably far apart.
    He has them that far apart so he can have his rack toms as low as his snare.

3. ɔıuɐd ʇ,uop

Has he switched again, he didn't stay long with Ddrum!

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    I'd say happy birthday, but eh, he's just Dan.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HenryTJO11 View Post
    I believe it's a Yamaha Oak Custom X or something. If you go on their website and go on acoustic kits and then on the Oak Custom ones, then press show discontinued products, it should come up with the Yamaha Oak Custom X. He used them because of the shallow rack toms and deep kick/snare drums.
    Not Oak Custom or Oak Custom X. They're Rock Tour's as drummerandy said.

These are his Oak Custom's:

5. 'god' free

Quote Originally Posted by drummerandy View Post
    just saw this awesome set up and want to share with u guys......one of my favorite metal drummers,looking forward to their new album "Unto The Locust"........enjoy the pics!

to see more......http://www.flickr.com/photos/freebir...7625030025150/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/freebir...7624905625199/
    Excellent work. Machine Head have long been one of my favourite bands and Dave one of my favourite drummers. Wonder what made him bring his ride back in? In the era of The Blackening his ride was about level with his first floor tom. Speaking of which, is that 10/12/14/18 he's running?
    Quote Originally Posted by exordium View Post
    dolla dolla bill y'all

Less, by simple definition, cannot be more. Seriously. Check the ****ing dictionary.

Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different.

6. mind over manners

Quote Originally Posted by HenryTJO11 View Post
    He has them that far apart so he can have his rack toms as low as his snare.
    that's ridiculous to me, but if it works for him, great.

7. Registered User

uhhhhhhhhhhhh.............actually,i'm not quite sure that he uses rock tour custom or oak custom X........i thought it's a rock tour kit because of the flat black finish and he is a rock tour endorser......so that's why i said he uses rock tour kit...

and for the distance between two kicks,i'd said it's his style haha and behind the kit(just like the pic i posted) that looks like it's not THAT uncomfortable...he just can play!

i'm not sure about the specific sizes and about his ride....anyone got answers?

8. HenryTJO11

In the first set of photos posted he uses 22''x20'' Kicks. 10''x7'' 12''x8'' Racks. 14''x12'' 16''x14'' Floors. 14''x5'' Snare (Not sure what type it is).

His cymbals are 14'' Avedis New-Beat Hi-Hats (X2), 21'' Z Custom Mega Bell Ride. 18'' Z Custom Rock Crash. 19'' Z Custom Thrash Ride. 17'' Z Custom Rock Crash. 8'' and 10'' Avedis Splashes. 18'' Avedis China Boy Low.

He used to have the Aux Hi-Hats and Ride the other way round but then changed them back to how they are in the photos.