Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 210 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. No Drum on Shabbas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love View Post
    Nah mate, these things happen. Hey-ho.
    Couldn't you at least get a little upset... you know... for me??

I'M NOT GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN!!! DO NOT CUT DOWN YOUR TOMS!!!

2. No Drum on Shabbas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muse FTW View Post
    Can't believe I haven't mentioned this yet: Deus Ex: Human Revolution NEXT WEEK!
    whats the game play like? ME2? Or is it a shooter? Or is it a Sandbox/Red Dead Redemption style game?

I'M NOT GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN!!! DO NOT CUT DOWN YOUR TOMS!!!

3. Registered User

Was off my game today in TF2. 26 kills and only 16 headshots. Still managed to get mvp with 33 points but not enough headshots.

4. Gaming musician

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Have heard very mixed things about that game. Or rather, people seem to be saying the 'crazy dream sections' are great but the sections with the two girls (Catherine and Katherine, apparently) are boring. Doesn't seem to look like my thing, since half the gameplay seems to be similar to one of those anime dating games.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong there (or just being harsh); I haven't done too much research into the game myself.
    Aside from deciding whether or not to talk to characters outside of the dream sequences and occasionally making a choice as far as what to say to them there's very little gameplay while awake. Most of it is watching the story unfold. Your choices in conversation do affect the outcome of the game though. By no means is it like a dating sim (somewhat surprising given half of Persona 3 was making and maintaining character relationships. It was an awesome game by the way. Easily one of the best RPG's I've ever played), but keep in mind a major reason to buy this game is to get into the story, even though the puzzle gameplay is far more compelling than I had expected. I'll even go so far as to say it's one of my favourite games I've played in the last year or so. The story is highly relatable, even if you've never actually cheated on someone and the gameplay is fun and challenging. It definitely treats the relationship subject matter with more maturity than most games ever manage which is also most welcome.
    PSN and Steam ID's: Vivi22

Quote Originally Posted by Sony Support
    For Canadian Consumers:

We currently do not offer service on systems that are outside of the Warranty* period.
    Screw you too Sony.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Muse FTW View Post
    Can't believe I haven't mentioned this yet: Deus Ex: Human Revolution NEXT WEEK!
    I mentioned it in the old thread a few days ago and no-one seemed to care. Myself included. I'm keeping an eye on the game though, it's pre-release reviews have been very positive, but I take those with a large pile of salt these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Big King View Post
    whats the game play like? ME2? Or is it a shooter? Or is it a Sandbox/Red Dead Redemption style game?
    Out of the two games you've mentioned, the Deus Ex games are closer to ME 2, as they're shooters with RPG elements. But they don't bare many similarities to either game you've mentioned.

The new game, Deux Ex: Human Revolution is looking like a whole new kettle of fish though. I think the gameplay will be quite different from the two earlier games, since they're so dated now.

6. Native.

Its my Half Life fanboyism that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8IRe...&feature=feedu
    Some people say, you know they can't believe. Jamaica, we have a bobsled team!

7. Registered User

Well up and coming games that RPG/MMO players should keep an eye on include Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I've had a chance to play both and I'm definitely buying GW2 when it comes out (they are hoping for November) just because the game dynamics they have added really go outside the box as far as mainstream MMOs are concerned. Its also still going to be Free to Play so I encourage everyone to check it out if you get a shot.
    Reference in Shimmer of Oz: 10x9, 12x10, 14x14, 16x16, 20x18, 14x6.5 matching snare, Omar Hakim Signature Snare 13x5. Paiste 2002s: 22" Ride, 18" Crash, 14" Sound Edge High Hats. Zildjian A-Custom 16" Crash. Pearl hardware, Roland TD-9

8. 'god' free

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH_101 View Post
    Its my Half Life fanboyism that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8IRe...&feature=feedu
    **** you private video.
    Quote Originally Posted by exordium View Post
    dolla dolla bill y'all

Less, by simple definition, cannot be more. Seriously. Check the ****ing dictionary.

9. Native.

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    **** you private video.
    Just wait. They're fixing a typo in the subtitles.
    Some people say, you know they can't believe. Jamaica, we have a bobsled team!

10. 'god' free

Waiting makes my rage level build.
    Quote Originally Posted by exordium View Post
    dolla dolla bill y'all

Less, by simple definition, cannot be more. Seriously. Check the ****ing dictionary.

11. ↓ ↘ → P

Quote Originally Posted by Daboxbaby View Post
    Nope never, I'd be happier if it didn't have the RE name. Its a shame that in order to make somewhat decent sales you have to take a franchise that defined survival-horror and turn it into a rando TPS. Plus slant six is making it. Unforgivable what they did to socom.
    Keep it the same, *****. Take a risk and change things up, *****.
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

12. 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by Big King View Post
    It's a blend of FPS and RPG with lots of...options. Like, you can stealth your way through a mission, shoot your way through, hack ****...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I mentioned it in the old thread a few days ago and no-one seemed to care. Myself included. I'm keeping an eye on the game though, it's pre-release reviews have been very positive, but I take those with a large pile of salt these days.

Out of the two games you've mentioned, the Deus Ex games are closer to ME 2, as they're shooters with RPG elements. But they don't bare many similarities to either game you've mentioned.

The new game, Deux Ex: Human Revolution is looking like a whole new kettle of fish though. I think the gameplay will be quite different from the two earlier games, since they're so dated now.
    Agreed. It's been getting REALLY good reviews so far, though.
    Can't wait.