28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pearl

19 67.86%
  • Ludwig

9 32.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Pearl Masters Or Ludwig

The pearl one, i only use the 12 and 16 so ignore the 13 and 10. It comes with the 12, 13, 16 and 22 unfortunately. He wont take the 13 off, i can understand that.

The ludwig comes with everything in the picture. It may not be this particular ludwig in he picture but anything around that kind of thing.

Torn

Cast your votes guys

Attached Images Attached Images   

2. Jackson Collins

Of course he won't take off the 13" tom, what's he going to do with a single 13" masters tom, It's not a popular size so he might have trouble selling it, I'd say go the ludwig.

3. Registered User

I would say go with the Pearl, If you ever need more toms (which you probably won't) you have a 13" and a 10" to use, if not you can always sell them and have a fantastic kit that, in my opinion, looks classier than the Ludwig.

Im assming thats a Masters Custom because that looks like Maple. which the older Masters Customs are amazing drums

On the Pearl you get the MasterCast Hoops, where on the Ludwig you only get triplle-flange hoops.
    |Vision VBX|Prestige Session Select|Sabian|Remo|Pro-Mark|
    I have a few things for sale HERE, PM me if interested.

4. Registered User

Luddies mate! They have been used by Mr John Bonham, Mr Buddy Rich, Mr Gene Krupa, Mr Keith Moon (early in his career), Mr Ringo Star and they haven't lost style in what must be a 100 years making drums.

You know especailly with some coated heads they will sound fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Here you go, Jamie. You've earned it.;)

5. Gumbercules

Luddies mate! They have been used by Mr John Bonham, Mr Buddy Rich, Mr Gene Krupa, Mr Keith Moon (early in his career), Mr Ringo Star and they haven't lost style in what must be a 100 years making drums.
    Yeah, not THOSE Ludwigs... Those are the newer Ludwigs, and I personally wouldn't touch them.

I'd say the Pearl is a better choice.

6. delicious groove

can't really tell from the pic, but is that ludwig a keystone badge? can someone make that out?

This would be a difficult choice for me man. I've always wanted a keystone or blue/olive badge ludwig (although I'd like mine to be of the vintage variety), but that masters kit is smokin' hot, not to mention some of the finest build quality/materials out there. I'm also a sucker for a natural finish and those drums sound incredible. It's kind-of a toss up for me, depending a lot on what those ludwigs are exactly. But I'd probably inspect bearing edges pretty closely on that kit before making a purchase. It would look sick with a white vintage ludwig logo kick bass head though.

In the end I'd say strongly the Masters...
    VSX - Custom Satin Stain - VSX
    12"x9", 16"x16", 22"x18", 14"x5.5" maple (mapex shell/pearl hw)
    Zildjian
    Pearl/Tama hardware
    Remo: clear ps3/smooth white ps3 (kick) coated cs/stock res (snare) vintage emp/coated amb (toms)
    Vic Firth 85A/5A wood

7. Gumbercules

can't really tell from the pic, but is that ludwig a keystone badge? can someone make that out?
    I believe this is the Bonham Re-issue kit that Ludwig put out a few years ago. It's a keystone badge, but not the keystone you are thinking of. The lugs also look like the newer style, not the vintage ones. That is not a vintage Ludwig.

8. I <3 Ludwigs.

I think that is a newer Classic, but I HATE the little lugs... makes them look like Accents or something. And I'm not a fan of the green sparkle.
    I'd take the Pearls here.

9. Registered User

Ludwigs, easy choice for me. You're getting the configuration you want, and it's an awesome color!

10. Registered User

Thanks guys. I agree with you all. I am not sure about the look of the ludwig, like you said erwinner, i don't really like the mini lugs either. I like the big classic ones. Green sparkle has never really done it for me either. The Pearl is maple from around 2005. I love the look of the older masters kits anyway, i don't think i will get this ludwig though. I really don't know. Pearl are winning on the votes too.

Scott

11. Registered User

Quite different sounding drums, have you had the opportunity to try them? If you have a sound you're going for, the difference in sound might just make the decision for you.
    Pacific MXR 24-8-10-12-14-16 in Ebony Oil

Paiste Cymbals- 15, 20, 24" Giant Beats, 20" Signature Traditional Prototype Crash, 20" 2000 Mellow China

Check out my band: Last Year's Winners

12. Stanton and Me!

Definitely the Pearl!