• NO

13 28.89%
  • Depends on situation

31 68.89%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Knowledge Bound

Default Your girlfriend or wife dancing with other men

POLL QUESTION:
    This is to everyone that's in a relationship. How do you feel about your significant other dancing with another person? This has always been a touchy subject for me but i would like to know what you all think.

PS: My wife loves to dance and I do not LOL

2. At the copa.....copacabana

depends what you mean - I'm fine with it except for any saucy stuff, I draw the line at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

3. Run Silent, Run Deep

Depends if shes dancing with friends or strangers.
    Motorboating.
    The placement of one's face, specifically the mouth, into the area between a well-endowed woman's breasts, followed by a rapid shaking of the face in a side-to-side motion accompanied by yelling. The resulting sound that is created sounds similar to an outboard boat motor.

4. Knowledge Bound

CLARIFYING:
    My wife will go out with her girl friends and dance. She dances with the girls and she will also dance with men. She only goes out to country western bars. She loves that kicker stuff. On the other hand i HATE IT with a passion. I cant stand country music. So this might help

5. I <3 Ludwigs.

I don't have a problem with someone asking my girlfriend to two-step at a country bar. That's just a compliment for her. If she goes clubbing with friends and not me I know she's not getting dirty with guys on the floor because that's just not her. If it were, we'd have a problem. That's not dancing, it's public dry humping.

6. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mymindseye81 View Post
    CLARIFYING:
    My wife will go out with her girl friends and dance. She dances with the girls and she will also dance with men. She only goes out to country western bars. She loves that kicker stuff. On the other hand i HATE IT with a passion. I cant stand country music. So this might help
    If you trust your wife you should not be worried. It's all about intent. If she happens to dance with a man because the style of dancing she is doing requires a partner and the guy is respectful, then it's fine. But if she is out dancing on singles night and the guy dancing with her is copping a feel, that's different. I dated a stripper, so if your wife dancing with another guy makes you uncomfortable, imagine knowing your girl is naked on another guys lap. You need to have trust.
    FDNY Members murdered on 9/11/01
    http://nyfd.com/9_11_wtc.html

7. Registered User

My girlfriend wouldn't want to dance with a male stranger, but I'm confident enough in my relationship with her that I wouldn't try to stop her if she did - unless, as Erwinner says, it was that kind of dancing. Which she also doesn't do anyway.

As for dancing with male friends of hers.. unless I can see they're interested in her and wanting to make a move, I'm fine with that too.

EDIT: As Slip has just said, it's about intent and trust. I'm fine with it so long as her intentions (and those of the other guy involved) are fine, because I can trust her with that kind of thing.

8. Knowledge Bound

Quote Originally Posted by SLIPKNOT1 View Post
    If you trust your wife you should not be worried. It's all about intent. If she happens to dance with a man because the style of dancing she is doing requires a partner and the guy is respectful, then it's fine. But if she is out dancing on singles night and the guy dancing with her is copping a feel, that's different. I dated a stripper, so if your wife dancing with another guy makes you uncomfortable, imagine knowing your girl is naked on another guys lap. You need to have trust.
    DANG Slip i could no way handle that, that relationship would last 10 minutes dude. I do trust her but its the other wieners i dont trust. I fear for her safety and well being sometimes. She is a small town girl and she thinks everyone is nice just to be nice. But we all know what men really want dont we...

9. Secret Agent Mod

I have some stories to share on this subject...

When I was a senior in college, my girlfriend and I went to a dance/show at the college. There was a live band playing in a big parking lot and some people were dancing in front of the stage. I was over talking with a group of guys and my girlfriend was dancing with a group of girls. A guy who I had never seen before came up to her and they started dancing together. I kept an eye on the situation from my position about 20 feet away. They were standing close to each other, facing each other but not actually touching. I didn't have a problem with it. After a few minutes, the guy moved in closer and started grinding on my girlfriend at which point I said "Excuse me a minute..." and left my group of friends. I walked over and grabbed the guy by the throat and walked him backwards into a parked car. I shoved him up against the car and said "Just stop man. Just stop. Get out of here." He looked like he was about to wet his pants. He apologized and left. My girlfriend freaked out and we went back to her room and had a long argument/fight about it. In the end, I was pretty embarassed that I had lost my cool but I did feel the guy was out of line. The dude turned out to be a nice guy, he was just super drunk and had no idea she was my girlfriend and thought she was hot.

On the other side, I have one friend who always refuses to dance in public and his girlfriend and I are pretty good friends (she's like a little sister to me) so I am her "Dance Partner" anytime we're at a wedding or a party. She and I have danced together many times including a few slow dances but again, my friend was right there watching or knew that she and I would be dancing together and it was never an issue for him or for my girlfriend.

So I guess I would say if you know the guy and he's a friend you trust, there are no worries. If some random drunk guy is grinding on your girlfriend, it's probably going to be an issue!
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl: THE BEST REASON TO PLAY DRUMS

10. Moderator

As much it would make you mad to see another guy dancing with your girl, you have to realize that unless your girl is your wife and wearing a ring, how is a guy supposed to even know she is in a relationship? It's not like every girl and guy who is at a bar or club wears a t-shirt that shows their relationship status.
    FDNY Members murdered on 9/11/01
    http://nyfd.com/9_11_wtc.html

11. Registered User

"How do you feel about this?"
    "yes"
    ?????

I wouldn't mind. I hate dancing, if someone else did it so I didn't have to I'd be grateful

12. Secret Agent Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SLIPKNOT1 View Post
    As much it would make you mad to see another guy dancing with your girl, you have to realize that unless your girl is your wife and wearing a ring, how is a guy supposed to even know she is in a relationship? It's not like every girl and guy who is at a bar or club wears a t-shirt that shows their relationship status.
    That was exactly my problem. My view was "Who the heck is this guy??? This guy I don't even know is grind-dancing with my girl???" but of course that means he had no idea who I was or who my girlfriend was and we weren't engaged or married or anything and she was dancing with him in a non-sexual way before he started trying to grind on her. I felt like a complete idiot the rest of the year because I kept running into him and he would alway cringe and back away like I was some kind of wild animal. I'm really not a violent guy at all, I just totally lost my cool that night and I still regret it to this day.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl: THE BEST REASON TO PLAY DRUMS