Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. The Hardware Guy

Make sure you get pics of yours up after you finish wrapping it!

EDIT, here's an Export that looks like it's been rewrapped in white (it must have originally been black, judging by the kick hoops)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Thrush; 03-19-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2

2. Non Screamo Metal :D

Ahh yeh thats what mines gunna look like!! Ill put a thread up before and after photos when i do!
    Im excited! Its gunna look soo good!
    Is there any pics of it set up?

3. The Hardware Guy

No just it stacked. If you do yours tho, you really need to do the kick hoops. I loved the Export range, but the thing I hated so much about them (and later some of the Masters range, and Vision also) is how the kick hoops were cheaped out - with just either a wrap on the outside only or just the outside was lacquered. You need to sand them and paint them so they are ALL white - it makes ALL the difference! White is so easy to paint too, you can't go wrong so long as you prep it right (sand, primer, sand, primer paint, paint again, fine sand, clear coat, buff)
    PICSPICS 2

4. Non Screamo Metal :D

Yes!!! Ur 100% right! I was definatly gunna do the hoops! It looks soo funny with the hoops not done, looks half done, yeh i notice on mine on the inside of the hoop is still woodgrain finsh, ill proberly have to paint them because it will be pretty hard to wrap the hoops inside and out. Then ive gotta colour match it ! Dam this is gettin hard haha

5. The Hardware Guy

Colour matching white is easy - there's not a whole lot to choose from, and the wrap you'll get is most likely to be "white" white, and not ivory white or other creamy derivative.

Just take a small off cut of it to a hardware store and hold it next to the cans - most show a colour sample on the lid or can.
    PICSPICS 2

6. Registered User

It's funny, I always much prefer a natural wood on the inside of a kick drum hoop. It's a nice contrast between the finish and the color of the bass drum head. If its not sealed, I'd rub a clear coat on it for protection, but I'd be more worried about matching the white and getting a good finish.

In my experience, white and black can be the hardest colors to match because they are so simple, every little difference in shade or gloss or the primer you use or anything can make it look different.
    Pacific MXR 24-8-10-12-14-16 in Ebony Oil

Paiste Cymbals- 15, 20, 24" Giant Beats, 20" Signature Traditional Prototype Crash, 20" 2000 Mellow China

Check out my band: Last Year's Winners

7. Non Screamo Metal :D

Ur both right, thats a good idea, taking a sample piece! yeh the inside of my hoop is sealed so ill have to prepare it well. is there like a thread of some more pics i could find of the white and black? ive googled and did a quick search of the forum

8. The Hardware Guy

I knew I'd seen an Export on here white with black hardware.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    PICSPICS 2

9. Non Screamo Metal :D

Wow that looks amazing!! The hoops definatly need to be done though i reckon, same setup as mine almost! Looks good !

10. The Hardware Guy

Exactly right about the hoops - leaving the natural wood finish on the inside of the hoop and the edges just lets it's down I think - it really needs a solid white finish to the entire hoop, just like the shells.

Last thing that kit needs (other than a bit of a rework with the set up, but that's just me) is a tiny bit of black tape on the logo's on the tom reso's. Oh, and get rid of the Holz rings - or at least put black ones on there!!!
    PICSPICS 2

11. Non Screamo Metal :D

Hahah exactly what i was thinking!! That setup!! What was he thinking!! Haha and the white rings on the bass drum thing is terrible! And it needs about 4 more crashes haha