Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6" tom

1. Registered User

Default 6" tom

Hello,
    I am looking for a 6"x6" tom in Jet Black. I would like the hardware to match the Vision VX Series in Jet Black. And Pearl Mouting system.
    Thanks

2. Chomp, Chomp

I'd like a 6" MCX in bronze glass.

3. Secret Agent 007.5

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunatly you not gonna be able to get one unless you order a 6" Masterworks tom or someone offers to sell you one thats already been made which will likely be VERY expensive. Also you posted in the wrong section, "First Aid" is for problems and issues with Pearl hardware and equipment. BTW Pearl has several mounting systems,ie: I.S.S., (MCX) Optimounts, and Aluminum optimounts.
    Pearl
    MCX- Diamond Glitter 10,12,14,16,22 & 14x6.5 Natural Maple Snare

*FOR SALE* ~ DW Collector Series- Blue Glass 10,12,14,16,& 23

Zildjian
    K Light Hats, K Custom Session & Dark Crash, K Dark Medium Thin Crash, & K Ride

4. Registered User

Yes but I mean like could I order something custom from Pearl instead of Precision Drums or something like that???
    Sorry about the misplacement. I'm on DFO also and some guy told to register here and ask that in the First Aid area!!!

5. Registered User

yea its called masterworks bro, like drummerflick mentioned above
    Christian Drummer's Army

Pearl - Evans - Pro-Mark - Zildjian - DW

6. Pearl Corporation USA

As both drummerflick and visiondrummer650 have indicated you can only special order 6" tom in Masterworks Series.
    Pearl - The Best Reason To Play Drums!

| Pearl | Zildjian | Remo | Vater |

7. My Concord Faded

And i believe the smallest is either 6x7 or 6x8, no 6x6.
    VBX Concord Fade 7 Piece
    Kick Sub Mod
    How to: Split your double (P2002) Eliminator into singles (P2000)

dFd Black Chrome 2.3mm hoops for sale, single 6", 8, 10, 12, 14(8 hole), 16, 18 (pairs)

8. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by TalonTsi90 View Post
    And i believe the smallest is either 6x7 or 6x8, no 6x6.
    I believe the smallest depth we can do is 6x6.5 because of the lug fitting.
    Pearl - The Best Reason To Play Drums!

| Pearl | Zildjian | Remo | Vater |

9. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    As both drummerflick and visiondrummer650 have indicated you can only special order 6" tom in Masterworks Series.
    Yes, and the cost will be around $925.00 retail.

My suggestion is to either have a Keller company make you one or simply give up on having a 6" tom. And a 6x6 would be a poor choice in size anyhow. I would do at least a 7 or 8" depth.
    FDNY Members murdered on 9/11/01
    http://nyfd.com/9_11_wtc.html

10. Matt Flacche

This is a pricey request unfortunately. If you order a Masterworks 6" drum, you will be charged the price of an 8" Masterworks tom (I did this already)... which is currently $925 (and may very well go up soon - because that price is from the 2010 price list).

I have a better option for you... you could order a pair of Midnight Black Pearl Concert toms, sizes 6x8"(deep) an 8x8"(deep) with a stand, all for a list price of $600. So you would get 2 drums, the black finish would likely be close (it's a wrap finish) and it would be much cheaper than one Masterworks tom. You could position them higher above your hi hat, not inline with your other toms... and it would appear planned (ie. different section, different drums). The only problem would be the hardware would be chrome, and I don't know if your Vision's have black hardware or chrome, as I don't really follow the Vision series.

The tech. info on the toms I mentioned is:

PTE-0608 6"x8"/ 8"x8" (w/T-800 Stand) Midnight Black Covering.... $600

Quote Originally Posted by Drum4Lif View Post
    Hello,
    I am looking for a 6"x6" tom in Jet Black. I would like the hardware to match the Vision VX Series in Jet Black. And Pearl Mouting system.
    Thanks

11. My Concord Faded

He'd be better off getting a 6x6 Keller shell for $30 with black rims for about $12 each, then getting a used VX drum off eBay for the hardware.
    VBX Concord Fade 7 Piece
    Kick Sub Mod
    How to: Split your double (P2002) Eliminator into singles (P2000)

dFd Black Chrome 2.3mm hoops for sale, single 6", 8, 10, 12, 14(8 hole), 16, 18 (pairs)

12. Matt Flacche

That's a good idea, but like Al said, I don't think the lugs will fit... plus wrapping a 6" tom when you never have wrapped any drums is a challenging task (the radius is so tight, you really have to know what you're doing to make the seam stick/hold). Still, I think that could be done. He could even use the Vision Badge off the part drum he purchased!

Quote Originally Posted by TalonTsi90 View Post
    He'd be better off getting a 6x6 Keller shell for $30 with black rims for about $12 each, then getting a used VX drum off eBay for the hardware.