Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default UFIP - Earcrafted Cymbals

Hi Guys!

I work with and on behalf of italian company UFIP cymbals here in the UK.

If you don't mind me asking, I wanted to know what the general opinion was about these cymbals from around the world, this is merely for my own curiosity and look forward to hearing other opinions.

My personal opinion of the cymbals will be obvious to all, though its interesting to see what the general view of the brand is.

Appreciate your time!

-S-

2. At the copa.....copacabana

Quote Originally Posted by wcfwdrmr View Post
    Hi Guys!

I work with and on behalf of italian company UFIP cymbals here in the UK.

If you don't mind me asking, I wanted to know what the general opinion was about these cymbals from around the world, this is merely for my own curiosity and look forward to hearing other opinions.

My personal opinion of the cymbals will be obvious to all, though its interesting to see what the general view of the brand is.

Appreciate your time!

-S-
    I've always thought that these cymbals are of exceptional quality, but with all Euro made cymbals, they are very expensive - more expensive than the 'big two' counterparts.

great cymbals though - I love the bionic series - dunno if they are still in production though - there isn't as much of a marketing presence from what I've seen
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdrummer1991 View Post
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

3. Registered User

Thanks for the reply! This is something i've come across a bit with the belief they are more expensive. Believe it or not Ufip come in cheaper or around the same price as the "big 3" (in the uk just now anyway). I'm not here to make sales just interested on what the general consensus was around the brand. I agree with the marketing quote. Its good to get others views!

And, yes the Bionic series is still very much in production. I am also a fan! . Appreciate your thoughts!

4. At the copa.....copacabana

Quote Originally Posted by wcfwdrmr View Post
    Thanks for the reply! This is something i've come across a bit with the belief they are more expensive. Believe it or not Ufip come in cheaper or around the same price as the "big 3" (in the uk just now anyway). I'm not here to make sales just interested on what the general consensus was around the brand. I agree with the marketing quote. Its good to get others views!

And, yes the Bionic series is still very much in production. I am also a fan! . Appreciate your thoughts!
    maybe it's just that not that many stores carry them - certainly in glasgow, there are little UFIP's available.
    And I don't care if you don't like my drumming. I challenge anyone on this forum to a drum-off right now! I have played so long and studied so many different genres of music that I am absolutely proficient with pretty much anything I choose to do.

5. I <3 Miss Pearl

I'm from Australia.

Kevin Scott from Perth, Scotland came to Australia with an aggressive marketing clinic tour - in which he rambled on quite a bit about Italian cars, relating them to cymbals (?) and he told many half truths and downright lies about other cymbal companies. One of the things he did was insult the musical instrument choices of people in the Audience saying that their A custom cymbals were "garbage" in comparison the UFIP, and he than proceeded to throw the mentioned cymbal on the store's floor.

Is this really how you want your company to be represented?

6. At the copa.....copacabana

Quote Originally Posted by 44Ronin View Post
    I'm from Australia.

Kevin Scott from Perth, Scotland came to Australia with an aggressive marketing clinic tour - in which he rambled on quite a bit about Italian cars, relating them to cymbals (?) and he told many half truths and downright lies about other cymbal companies. One of the things he did was insult the musical instrument choices of people in the Audience saying that their A custom cymbals were "garbage" in comparison the UFIP, and he than proceeded to throw the mentioned cymbal on the store's floor.

who's Kevin Scott mate? I've never heard of him.....

7. Registered User

I'm from Australia.

Jeez... I hope he paid for that A custom

@wcfwdrmr
    I always wanted to check out Ufip. They seem great, and I'm interested by their casting process. But I can't even find list prices, let alone dealers in Canada, although I understand you're in England which doesn't really apply to what I said.

8. your band sucks

I've got an 18" UFIP tiger china, sounds and looks brilliant. An amazing sounding and quality hand hammered cymbal for the price of a mediocre machine produced mid-range china from other more popular companies? Yes please. And true, although they seem expensive, they are not too badly priced compared to some other companies, not from what I've seen anyway. Honestly I don't like all the cymbals I've heard from my local drum store, but the majority are fantastic. I may get some more when the time comes to replace some of my current cymbals, they'll definitely be a consideration.

9. .

i've heard some amazing ufips online, though like hunka said, around here (toronto) i never see them, or if i do see them they're pretty expensive...

but i seriously if i get ever find a deal on some, i'd love to get my hands on them.

p.s. how do you pronounce it? you-fip or you-ef-eye-p? lol :P

10. nowonmai

UPIF are some of the most phenomenal sounding cymbals out there. Their casting process is very unique among cymbal companies.

11. Registered User

Ive never played any UFIP cymbals before but I have heard comments that while they sound fantastic (especially the splashes), that roto-casting technique can make the cymbals somewhat brittle and prone to breakage.
    Can anyone confirm or deny?
    The best sounding kit I ever heard in a live scenario was a drummer playing a local festival using a sonor kit, and ufip bionic and natural cymbals.
    I would really love to try some.
    Pearl Masters MCX 20x18, 10x7, 12x8, 16x16, (14x14) - Diamond Glitter
    13x7 Pearl Masters Custom Maple/Bubinga Ltd Ed - 14x5 Pearl Brass Sensitone Classic II
    Sabian AA/AAX/HH/HHX

12. Registered User

I'm from Australia.

Hi there. Well this certainly is not how we wish to be perceived and i'm sorry to hear you felt this way. Kevin is a well respected musician and certainlky knows what he is talking about when coming to cymbals, i'm not writing to fight his corner if he came across this way to you i can guarentee this was not his intention. I guess with some people the shock value can come across either good or bad. Thanks for your thoughts!

S