Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 164 of 206 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 1,957 to 1,968 of 2463
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer87 View Post
    They are? they cut the Sig rides down to 5, 2002 rides to 4, Got rid of the "Rock" 2002 cymbals, no more Noiseworks and killed the twenty series. They scaled down alot since I switched to paiste.
    But they also added, Twenty Customs, Twenty Masters, PST8, and Alpha Boomers, as well as the 602's and now new models for Giant Beats. They may have scaled down some lines, but have expanded and added new ones.
    Check out my studio project - Elephant In the Room

Also selling an 18" Meinl Soundcaster Fusion china PM for more info

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAN View Post
    Well, a little miffed with paiste now. After 4 months of waiting on my custom order, they emailed and said half of the customs (almost all of them really) are not approved. SO STUPID! I dont know what to say. Enough to make a guy jump ship. I spend so much with them, and have been die hard loyal. I cannot believe they would do this. So, my order was cut in half. 90% of the order is just normal cymbals now with different color logos (like 2002s with black ink). The only 2 customs they said they will do is the Rude 20" mega bell ride and Rude 8" splash. Freaking crazy. The Rude 7 and 8 bell chimes are now a NO. I am so angry. What is the freaking deal?
    So what do they charge for the Rude Mega Bell??

3. I play with myself.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post
    Wow, that sucks!! I agree with Dark Overlord..I'd call SOMEBODY and talk to them about it. Explain how much money you've spent, and how loyal you've been. I wish you luck, man!
    Thank you to everyone for the support. The big issue is, Paiste holds ALL the cards! They have what I want. They do NOT care about ME, or my money, AT ALL! That is the 100% truth! Sucks! Call someone? How about the owner, Erik Paiste? I have done that before. HE HATES ME NOW for just asking for help. All the Paiste America reps HATE me for asking about customs so often. I grow tired of the treatment. I love Paiste cymbals SO DAM MUCH IT HURTS! Paiste simply does not care about guys like me, not one bit. Now, in the past they have approved some wicked cool customs for me. But, this last year of trying to order again has been almost too much! This was from one of the top reps:

I checked on that order and have gotten some not so good news. Some of the cymbals are not able to be made. I think that Ryan must have been looking at a very old approval list when he submitted the order. I'll attach the details to this email.
    I'm sorry for the problem, but it seems that each time Ryan begins a special order it becomes a huge issue because he continually orders oddball things from old lists and then changes them on the final order.

I just cannot stand this. Oh well, I have some cool items on order, and as always, I will be happy to get them. I only pray they take on more custom orders in the near future. SUCKS! What does a guy do? Paiste makes the best cymbals in the world! They have me by the NUTZ!

Quote Originally Posted by DrumRoll23 View Post
    So what do they charge for the Rude Mega Bell??
    Hum, that all depends. MSRP will be the same cost as any Rude 20" cymbal (or 2002 or GB). Then, add 30% for the custom fee, deduct what your dealer charges you (I cannot print my prices for the public, ), that is your final payment. Make sense?

4. Registered User

Maybe you should come to my hellhole of a country and try getting pies through local dealers for a change. I bet you'd be on the first flight home.
    For all first-hand info, customer support and warranty issues I have to contact Paiste Switzerland directly, because the dealers don't do ****. They have a couple of 2002s for $400+ laying around for years and expect you to pay in cash. No discounts, no warranty.

I don't event consider going custom, because even if my order would get approved it would cost me an arm and a leg, and I'd probably wait for months (they make orders only twice a year).

How's that for a Paiste story? However, I have never considered changing brands. I'll be playing Paiste as long as there are ways getting my hand on them.

5. YOU POST, I PLAY.

From a business owner's perspective, with about little over 50 employees to have cymbals made and delivered to the whole world, I can understand why they would refuse some odd ball orders. It probably implies in changing machinery configurations and attachments, not to mention the back-office nightmare that can happen with off-the-catalog items. Add to that the allocation of man-hours of specific craftsman that only work in certain product lines, and as a business owner I would have plenty of reasons to refuse customs.

Remember, Europe is in shambles, people in Spain, Greece, and others are rioting the streets because they don't have food on their plates, have no jobs and are being taxed out of the economy. That has an impact on demand for such things as cymbals. USA is still the biggest market, but Europe is a close second and if I owned a business like Paiste, at times like this the black ink on the books is what matters, and even though the black ink comes from happy customers, the custom market represents probably less than 1% of what they sell.
    Last edited by ws6freak; 03-30-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    Need Tunning or Recording tips? Click for my YouTube channel - Rush, Saxon and Maiden drum covers.

Drum Gear:
    Paiste, Tama, Gibraltar, Danmar, Rhythm Tech, Aquarian, LP, Vater, Wuhan.

Recording/Mixing Gear:
    Mackie 1640i, Senheiser, Audix, Audio Technica, Shure, Apple, Logic, Ultimate Ears.

6. Paiste-oholic

Sorry to hear about that Ryan.

Back twenty years ago when I was playing Zildjians, I asked a dealer if I could have a 24" Swish made, just like Simon Philips had...not only did he say no, but he followed that up with "someday when you're a famous drummer, maybe Zildjian will make you one."

Yup.

7. Immortality has its Privelages

Quote Originally Posted by ws6freak View Post
    From a business owner's perspective, with about little over 50 employees to have cymbals made and delivered to the whole world, I can understand why they would refuse some odd ball orders. It probably implies in changing machinery configurations and attachments, not to mention the back-office nightmare that can happen with off-the-catalog items. Add to that the allocation of man-hours of specific craftsman that only work in certain product lines, and as a business owner I would have plenty of reasons to refuse customs.

Remember, Europe is in shambles, people in Spain, Greece, and others are rioting the streets because they don't have food on their plates, have no jobs and are being taxed out of the economy. That has an impact on demand for such things as cymbals. USA is still the biggest market, but Europe is a close second and if I owned a business like Paiste, at times like fthis the black ink on the books is what matters, and even though the black ink comes from happy customers, the custom market represents probably less than 1% of what they sell.
    Totally understandable, the problem here is that these pies were approved. To say no from the get go wouldn't be a big deal, to say yes make Ryan was it four months only to say no is poor business.

8. YOU POST, I PLAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Overlord View Post
    Totally understandable, the problem here is that these pies were approved. To say no from the get go wouldn't be a big deal, to say yes make Ryan was it four months only to say no is poor business.
    Oh yes, I totally agree, I'm a "victim" of this as well with my approved and then denied reflector finish on my 15" Power hats.
    Need Tunning or Recording tips? Click for my YouTube channel - Rush, Saxon and Maiden drum covers.

Drum Gear:

Recording/Mixing Gear:
    Mackie 1640i, Senheiser, Audix, Audio Technica, Shure, Apple, Logic, Ultimate Ears.

9. I play with myself.

That is the true issue, not that they would not make them (beed dealing with that for years, but not a big deal). Issue was that they approved the order (I recieved the invoice with each EXACT custom listed and the cost) in DEC. They email in March, 4 months later and say no!?!? That is what blows. It wont make me change brands however. I play Paiste for one simple reason, they are the best, period. It just sucks when they do this, after the order SHOULD HAVE already arrived! It was not me ordering off an old approval list at all either! I made sure I was only trying to order what had just been sent to me as approved, nothing old. So the excuse they give is BS. I understand all the reason why they wont make customs, that is not the issue. As Gavin put it, they approved them, then made me wait 4 months only to deny them. That just hurts!

That said, I am still getting the 2 customs I really wanted (rude 20 mega bell ride and rude 8 splash), plus some new 2002s with black ink logos. I am happy nonetheless.

10. Immortality has its Privelages

Oh yes, I totally agree, I'm a "victim" of this as well with my approved and then denied reflector finish on my 15" Power hats.
    This in some ways is worse, cause they still expect you to pay the custom charge for pies you didn't order.

11. YOU POST, I PLAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Overlord View Post
    This in some ways is worse, cause they still expect you to pay the custom charge for pies you didn't order.
    Yes agreed, but I ended up getting a discount. But I wanted reflector, for the agreed price, so while the discount is a fair thing, it doesn't matter because I ended up getting something I didn't want.

On a side note, is Scott Travis (Judas Priest) not with Paiste anymore? I saw this video from 2009 and he's playing Zildjians. What a downgrade! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g2m4...endscreen&NR=1

Drum Gear:

Recording/Mixing Gear:

12. Army Strike Drummer

Yes agreed, but I ended up getting a discount. But I wanted reflector, for the agreed price, so while the discount is a fair thing, it doesn't matter because I ended up getting something I didn't want.

On a side note, is Scott Travis (Judas Priest) not with Paiste anymore? I saw this video from 2009 and he's playing Zildjians. What a downgrade! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g2m4...endscreen&NR=1
    Strange. He is on Paiste's website.
    http://www.paiste.com/e/endorser_det...ndorserid=1878
    Last edited by JulioCCC; 03-31-2012 at 05:52 PM.