Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 141 of 206 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,692 of 2468
  1. Registered User

An update

12x9 (will have this cut down to 8" ) 10x8, 14x14, 15x14 (rare and full bodied) and 18x15 kick (with build-in May/Shure Beta52 and closed fronthead)

I always want to have the 12'' in a basket. The 10'' is my needed extra on the ride cymbalstand.

The 8" is not in use and waits to be rebuild as a aux snare.

On this picture you can see the 14x6,5 Bamboo. I also have a 13x6,5 and a 14x5,5 Manu Katché signature snare.

And my partner in crime, the customized 10x5 birch snare.

The cymbals from R to L:
    18" K EFX (more angle then the rest, and because of its sensitivity for cracks on my softer hitting right side) 10" K Brilliant Splash, 16" K Dark Crash Medium Thin, 15" Avedis Quick Beat hihats, 18" K Dark Crash Medium Thin, 22" EAK Crash/ride, 19" K Dark Crash Medium Thin, 8" Brilliant splash (love this placement left of me) 20" brilliant Oriental Crash Of Doom.

When the occasion calls I use a 13" K/Custom K (only released in 1993. Kind of Z bottom with K lathing and hammering) aux hat set underneath the 19''

I just love the production cymbals uit de jaren 70-80 (with some 90's K's) feels more rigid and has more soul in them.

Regarding heads i'm using Pinstripes (sometimes Coated Ambassadors) on the toms. On the Bamboo is an Vintage Ambassador, the kick has a coated Powerstroke 3, the Maple Custom a CS and the 10" snare a clear Ambassador.

On all of the reso's I use clear Ambassadors.

All hardware is Yamaha (met *** kicking vintage pedaal) the throne is the exception, a Roc n soc with Gibraltar Nitro base.

My cymbaltops are EXA Ltd tops. very handy, light and partial made of rubber so no need for topvilts ) For the hihat I use a nobrand clutch with banonet lock. Saves a lot of time during setup/teardown.

The sticks are from Vic Firth. I use the Russ Miller HD sticks, which gives me the opportunity to cover all styles. I also use AJ1 for jazz and 5A for rock when it goes deeper then covering all styles. Besides that I uses several mallets, rods, brushes and timbale sticks.

My electronic rig consist of the DTXM12 with an extra hh controller, footswitch and (when needed) a TP65s triggerpad. Im still waiting on two Pintech Dingbat pole triggers.

Besides my percussion rig, my add-on percussion for drums are a Ridge Rock cowbell, stealthblock (for that fat cross stick sound) and both a mounted and separate (for on the hihat) tambourin. For this I use the rock solid Latin Percussion.

All travel and storage cases are from Protection Racket.
    Yamaha Drums & DTX | Zildjian cymbals | Remo drumheads & percussion | Vic Firth drumsticks | Gibraltar hardware | Latin Percussion | Protection Racket cases | Shure microphones & wireless systems | Ears4U in-ear monitors | Apple Computers

www.musiqsounds.com
    www.youtube.com/musiqmanie

2. Registered User

My Stages I play at my church.

Kick-22x17
    Snare-14x5.5
    Toms-10x9 12x10(not shown on kit) 13x11 16x16

Cymbals-Zildjian

11" K Hybrid Splash
    14" A New Beats
    19" A Medium Crash
    18" A Custom Crash
    21" A Sweet Ride
    18" A Thin Crash

DW/Yamaha Hardware
    Pearl Eliminator Single Pedal

Heads-Remo
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by drummer45280; 11-18-2012 at 06:26 AM.
    Drumming Pwns!

3. Registered User

Might be coming back to the Yamaha family. Lots of variables at play that have to work out to make this happen. I am not getting rid of any of my Sonor drums. If everything works out this could be pretty crazy. The phrase have your cake and eat it too keeps running through my head, hahaha. Don't want to give it away until I know for sure if it's going to happen. Sorry to be a tease but I am pretty excited at the moment.
    Istanbul Mehmet from http://www.cymbalvault.com.au/

4. Rob the drummer

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Might be coming back to the Yamaha family. Lots of variables at play that have to work out to make this happen. I am not getting rid of any of my Sonor drums. If everything works out this could be pretty crazy. The phrase have your cake and eat it too keeps running through my head, hahaha. Don't want to give it away until I know for sure if it's going to happen. Sorry to be a tease but I am pretty excited at the moment.

LOL.......me too!
    Reference
    Paiste
    yamaha club custom

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl
    Awesome! I hope it works out for you.

Club YDF

6. AKA Shaggy

Mr. Kuhl, what the heck are you up to? PM me or email me with details, my friend.

Anyone with interest in some Yamaha kit goodness... PM me. I may just have some things for you.
    The Sultan of SAKAE DRUMS - www.sakaedrums.com
    CLUB YDF
    Check out my band: When Embers Ignite

7. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by drummer45280 View Post
    My Stages I play at my church.

Kick-22x17
    Snare-14x5.5
    Toms-10x9 12x10(not shown on kit) 13x11 16x16

Cymbals-Zildjian

11" K Hybrid Splash
    14" A New Beats
    19" A Medium Crash
    18" A Custom Crash
    21" A Sweet Ride
    18" A Thin Crash

DW/Yamaha Hardware
    Pearl Eliminator Single Pedal

Heads-Remo
    Nice! I miss my old stage custom advantage kit
    Ludwig Classic Maple Natural lacquer
    Ludwig Classic Maple Mahogany lacquer
    recording custom cherrywood
    oak custom Amber
    oak custom silver sparkle
    tour custom sakura white
    Grover Pro snare drums

8. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    You never should have left the yamaha family....
    oak custom Amber
    tour custom sakura white
    Grover Pro snare drums

9. Registered User

Default New Yamaha Series in January?

Nice article from Drum! magazine. Page three mentions a "new model" being released in January. Can't wait to see what it'll be.

http://www.drummagazine.com/caught-i...s-yamaha-tour/

Club YDF

10. Registered User

Here's a couple of live videos featuring the Yamaha Custom Maples. 22", 10x9", 14x14".

"Grenade" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZsr0kr5Dog&feature=plcp

"Cheatin' Heart" (Heavy version) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYbBdTfzsRI&feature=plcp

"Everybody wants to Rule the World" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_TejJfvyU0&feature=plcp

"Beautiful Things" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzwIEOjqWQo&feature=plcp
    Last edited by Thunder; 11-26-2012 at 12:22 PM.

11. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Labambawarrior View Post
    Nice article from Drum! magazine. Page three mentions a "new model" being released in January. Can't wait to see what it'll be.

http://www.drummagazine.com/caught-i...s-yamaha-tour/
    I would love to see the original formula mahogany/birch rock tour kits make a comeback
    oak custom Amber
    tour custom sakura white
    Grover Pro snare drums

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED

I would love to see the original formula mahogany/birch rock tour kits make a comeback
    Yeah that would be cool. It will be interesting to see what Yamaha comes up with next.

Club YDF