Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Blah! Blah! blah!

it's a shame to say that most masters lines were discontinued after a very short time.

other then that great post!
    Rep!
    Pearl Vision VSX!
    Strata White w/ Black Hardware!
    8in MT, 10in MT, 12in MT, 16in FT & 22in BD
    Paiste Black Alphas
    and a Pair sticks! :D

Looking for VSX 14x14 floor tom in Strata White w/ black hardware! Me looking for PCX-100 clamps! PM ME!

2. Registered User

I was very glad to see this information in MD. Thank you Gene and thank you ytomdrums
    for this time line. This is information I was hungry for.
    Steve
    1976,Chrome Ludwigs w/gloss black inside shells,26x14(x2),13x9,14x10,16x16ft,18x16ft,6''ct, 8"ct,14x6.5 BB SS Snare,Pearl Icon Racks, 2000 series HW and D-2000BR Throne. Zildjians A's, 1960"s Vintage. Tama LE Bubinga/Ebony Exotic Snare, Pearl 14x6.5 MCX Snare,14x6.5 Pearl Free Floater.

3. is a robot

i have never heard about the cmx or the cbx, do you have catalogues for them? also i thought the masters spawned from the world series in the 80's.

where does the BLX come in all of this?

finally in the 2007 part of your post you say 'Masters MCX, and Masters MCX Premium'. there is no 'mcx' before the masters premium it was the 'MCX and the masters premium.
    vater : pearl : meinl : evans

my youtube

pearl masters brp
    latest pics: p9
    white marine pearl
    20x18
    14x14
    12x8

WWW.ONE.ORG

4. Pearl Masters Drummer

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    i have never heard about the cmx or the cbx, do you have catalogues for them? also i thought the masters spawned from the world series in the 80's.

finally in the 2007 part of your post you say 'Masters MCX, and Masters MCX Premium'. there is no 'mcx' before the masters premium it was the 'MCX and the masters premium.
    Sparkie, I've never heard or seen cmx or cbx either. I have seen CZX studio's however. Those were birch (6 ply I believe).

BLX like MLX GLX, CZX all came right before the Masters were introduced. So those would have been the models right before 1993 but they weren't called Masters obviously which is why they weren't included in the timeline.

The MCX/MCX premium thing is a little confusing, but not. It's still a Masters premium but without the options. It still has the Masters Premium badge. I guess they used the MCX part just to differentiate it from the MRP. I suppose it doesn't matter all that much, but there are differences that have been discussed obviously about the two. Pearl is very good at confusing us all with the many different lines .

5. is a robot

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt8 View Post
    The MCX/MCX premium thing is a little confusing, but not. It's still a Masters premium but without the options. It still has the Masters Premium badge. I guess they used the MCX part just to differentiate it from the MRP. I suppose it doesn't matter all that much, but there are differences that have been discussed obviously about the two. Pearl is very good at confusing us all with the many different lines .
    i would not consider the MCX a masters premium at all. the same way as the sessions had the same shells as masters but there were not masters.

the mcx is below the masters premium so like the OP said it is not the 'masters mcx premium'. just a little revision i thought would clear up some confusion.
    vater : pearl : meinl : evans

my youtube

pearl masters brp
    latest pics: p9
    white marine pearl
    20x18
    14x14
    12x8

WWW.ONE.ORG

6. Pearl Masters Drummer

i would not consider the MCX a masters premium at all. the same way as the sessions had the same shells as masters but there were not masters.

the mcx is below the masters premium so like the OP said it is not the 'masters mcx premium'. just a little revision i thought would clear up some confusion.
    I agree with you 100%, I was just pointing out that the MCX does have the Masters Premium badge, so Pearl must consider it as such if THEY label it that way.

7. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

The MCX and the Masters Premium share the same newly reshaped Masters badge.
    However, the Masters Premium MRP badge reads "Premium Maple" after the Masters logo, and the MCX reads "All Maple Shell".

I would agree that the Premiums are a slight notch above the MCX in the Masters lineup, because of the reasons that have been stated before. (Inner shell ply, newer Optis, finish options, etc...)

Although, to the human ear, both 6 ply shells sound the same.
    Last edited by Blk Diamond; 08-19-2010 at 10:56 AM.
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

8. Registered User

This is scan from orginal catalouge printed in march 1994
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Pearl Masters Premium Legend,
    Snares: Pearl Ultracast UCA 1465/B, SONOR PHONIC PLUS D508, Piccolo Brass 13x3.
    Icon Rack, Pearl 2000/1000/900/800 series and Gibraltar hardware
    PAISTE 2002, Amedia cymbals, Bertrand, Meinl, Latin Percussion.
    Second set -Pearl Export Custom ECX

9. Former BLX owner

I'd never heard of CBX and CMX either. They appear to, essentially, be BLX and MLX shells with Masters hardware and finishes.

Intriguing! I wonder if Gene can enlighten us?
    Mapex Saturn in Antique Ivory; 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 22x18 | Pearl Hardware
    Zildjian A Custom 8, 10, 15, 18; A Sweet Ride 21; 1960s A 18; K/Z 13 HHs | Paiste 16 China | Istanbul 12 Trash
    Some stuff I've done: http://www.myspace.com/thetimeproject | http://www.myspace.com/harbourlightsband

10. Comfortably Numb

Thanks for the post. I haven't been drumming for a couple years and I was so confused when I went to the Pearl website.

11. Pearl BRX Vintage Sunburst

Well done. There were many questions answered in there.

12. DrumAholic

Am I wrong or should the MRX also be added to this list? Masters 6 ply maple