Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Contacting Ayotte...

Anyone know of the best way to contact Ayotte? I've sent them an email about a week ago regarding any dealers in Australia, but nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ?

just call them up~ they have a phone number on the website.

3. It is what it is....namaste

I wouldn't expect e-mails to be returned, phone is the only way these days.

4. SUPREME MODULATOR

Posted 10/20/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin Fournier
    In June 2008, I placed a custom drum order with Bill Jennison (President and Owner) of Ayotte Drums Inc. operating in British Columbia, Canada. The order was for two drums to match my existing two drums. The amount of this order was $2,050.00 and Bill notified me that I should receive the drums within 6-8 weeks. I waited for my order until February 2009, when the drums finally arrived after numerous calls to the company due to the longer than expected wait. The drums that were delivered did not match my existing drums, the color variance was dramatic. Ayotte apologized for the error and requested that I send back the drums. They assured me that it will not take any longer than 2 weeks to ship me out the correct color drums. The company had difficulty arranging the return shipping so I agreed to pay for the return shipping and for Ayotte to reimburse me for the shipping once the drums are received. As of today, I still have not received reimbursement for the $157.17, the amount it cost me to return the mismatched drums to the manufacturer. After a great deal of frustration and numerous calls to the company, I requested a full refund of my $2,050.00 in addition to the unpaid shipping charges of $157.17 from Ayotte Drums. Bill Jennison and Randy Turner told me on multiple occasions that the refund was in process, after waiting over 4 months for Ayotte to return my money,I finally received a check from Ayotte in the amount of $2,208.00. On 10/23/09, I received a notification from Wells Fargo that the check from Ayotte was returned due to insufficient funds and that my bank account was debited $2,223.00. Ayotte fails to respond to my notification that their check for my refund bounced. I am now forced to take legal action towards this terrible company.
    Though nothing this horrific, I too had a tough time contacting Ayotte when I was shopping for my latest kit, so...whatever. It's a shame when a company that once had such potential to dominate the North American market(yes Ayotte was once poised to crush DW), has been mismanaged into near-oblivion.

5. Miles Gibbons

I was under the impression that Ayotte closed up shop completely, don't quote me on that... That is a hell of a horror story, PYRRHO. Its a real shame, because I would agree that they could have dominated the market (high end, anyway) because they made the best sounding drums I've ever heard.

6. Kennedy Camden

Quote Originally Posted by PYRRHO View Post
    Posted 10/20/2009

Though nothing this horrific, I too had a tough time contacting Ayotte when I was shopping for my latest kit, so...whatever. It's a shame when a company that once had such potential to dominate the North American market(yes Ayotte was once poised to crush DW), has been mismanaged into near-oblivion.
    After I heard Ray Ayotte left, the whole company has slowly fallen down hill fast. It's a shame because it carries his name.

7. Registered User

I played one once and it did sound great. It's too bad that things have ended up like this.

8. Registered User

I did send an email to Randy after you asked me about it...never heard back. I now they're moving their shop right now and are gearing up for some big things, so hopefully they'll get back on track and no more horror stories will occur....they're are the best drums I've ever owned or played, and it would be a real shame for them to fizzle out.
    I've got some DW's that I don't play. Tangerine lacquer with brass hardware...12x8, 16x14, 22x16 and matching 14x5 snare. PM if you're interested!

9. Registered User

C-Monster, I appreciate all you've tried to help me out. Maybe I have my information wrong, but I thought Ayotte already moved a little while ago?

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 017 View Post
    C-Monster, I appreciate all you've tried to help me out. Maybe I have my information wrong, but I thought Ayotte already moved a little while ago?
    They moved years back, and are now moving again. When I talked to Randy, he seemed really stoked on the future, so fingers crossed...

I'll let you know if I hear back, but they are literally in the process of moving the entire shop right now, so it would probably be best to just keep on calling/emailing them. I'll drop him another email right now...

On the other hand, there's a wood-hoop keppy on the ebay right now...only at $450...I know you want a 6.5, but it might end up going for a really good price, and like i said, the 5.5 is huge sounding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ayotte-Keplinger...item27b3361696

I know you're in australia, but I could always help you out with bidding on it and shipping it over if you want. Let me know...
    I've got some DW's that I don't play. Tangerine lacquer with brass hardware...12x8, 16x14, 22x16 and matching 14x5 snare. PM if you're interested!

11. Formerly 'Inhuman'

I, too, was given the run-around by Ayotte a couple years ago. Waited forever for a 10x8 replacement tom for my Cabernet Fade "Pro" kit and discovered shortly after that one of the hoops on my 12x9 were out-of-round. My experience with their customer service was so poor that I sold the kit long before my replacement tom actually showed up... ten months after I'd been promised it.

I would definitely buy a Ray-era kit as the concept behind Ayotte drums is incredible, but the new owner will NEVER get my business again.
    Gateway Recording Co.

1972 Ludwig Hollywood outfit, Black Oyster Pearl (12x8/13x9/16x16/22x14).
    1973 Premier B303 outfit, Polychromatic Gold (12x8/13x9/16x16/22x14).
    2005 Sonor Delite, Birdseye Cherry (10x9/12x10/14x12/16x16/22x18).

12. Registered User

I was always under the impression whether during the Ray days or post-Ray, Ayotte always delivered defect-free drums. I knew customer service was always their downfall, but it seems to have dropped to a non-existent level since Ray left.

Apparently Ray Ayotte is going to launch his new company RAYA Drums one of these days. No idea when, though. I might hold out (not like I can do much else at this point) and see what he offers.

Thanks guys.