Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sell the K brilliant crash ride and buy a A. Sweet ride

4 18.18%
  • Just keep the K

18 81.82%
  1. Funk Brother

Default Zildjian K Brilliant Crash Ride VS A. Sweet Ride

OK so i have a 22'' K Brilliant crash ride I like it but its super loud but still i like it but I just played a gig with a 21'' A sweet ride and i really liked it. I liked it as a ride and a crash, and it didn't seem quite as loud.

However it was also in a much more sound proofed or sound controlled room. Very simply what should i do? I don't have money to just buy a sweet ride so should I sell the k and get the A or just keep my K?

I play alot of different styles too so i want something very versatile.

2. Drumoholic

You will be surprised how much the room you're in affects the sound of your drums and cymbals. I would keep the K until you've been in a variety of rooms with it and still aren't satisfied with the sound.
    Church Drummers Army
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Pearl Forum Series in Wine Red
    Tama Superstar in White Satin Haze
    Pearl - Tama - Zildjian - Vater

3. Hello all.

Quote Originally Posted by pearlreference7101 View Post
    You will be surprised how much the room you're in affects the sound of your drums and cymbals. I would keep the K until you've been in a variety of rooms with it and still aren't satisfied with the sound.
    Listen to him! Me and my dad made some bass traps and put them in the corner of a room. You wouldn't believe the sound change. He keeps them in his office for mixing and stuff and it's just amazing to even listen to a cd.

Anyways. Keep the K
    WANTED: 6" or 9.5" Zil-Bels

4. Registered User

Buy the Zildjian Sweet ride and compare them both in you're playing environment. Keep the one you like better or keep them both if they both have the sounds you desire. This is exactly what I would do. I was listening to a Sweet ride for a few weeks now and when I went to finally buy it, someone else beat me to it. My five Star shop said they would be getting a few in so I can pick the best of the litter. One should be in my hands by this weekend.

Dennis

5. has a ride named pig

Quote Originally Posted by audiotech View Post
    Buy the Zildjian Sweet ride and compare them both in you're playing environment. Keep the one you like better or keep them both if they both have the sounds you desire. This is exactly what I would do. I was listening to a Sweet ride for a few weeks now and when I went to finally buy it, someone else beat me to it. My five Star shop said they would be getting a few in so I can pick the best of the litter. One should be in my hands by this weekend.
    Or better yet, take your K to your friendly neighborhood store and play it alongside the Sweet Ride to get an A-B comparison of the two (without spending to buy the Sweet Ride first)

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by plep View Post
    Or better yet, take your K to your friendly neighborhood store and play it alongside the Sweet Ride to get an A-B comparison of the two (without spending to buy the Sweet Ride first)
    This is where my statement "your playing environment" comes in. Although I buy every one of my cymbals by auditioning mine against the new cymbals I'm thinking about purchasing, sometimes there is as much a difference in the environments as there are in the same makes of cymbals themselves, especially with Zildjian. Most better stores should let you return it if it's not exactly what you want after getting it home, as long as you don't go ballistic on it. I'll audition two, three or if they have them four of the same cymbals until I get one that blends musically with my others in a particular series. In my "A" series I already own a 20" Medium and a 20" Ping ride, I believe the Sweet ride will be a "sweet" alternative to one of the other two. Actually I was choosing between a 21" Armand ride and the Sweet ride.

Dennis

7. Registered User

Armand ride!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    I think she's too spread out everywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by nik12 View Post
    Sounds like an Exgirlfriend of mine...