Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. There really is a Kalamazoo!

Default What do you know about Supernatural brand cymbals?

I found out today that Guitar Center is now a dealer for Supernatural cymbals. I'm guessing these won't be in most stores, but like Meinl, will be available by special order. Does anyone know anything about them? I have heard rumours that they are made by Masterworks, the same company that does Soultone, TRX and a few other brands.

Has anyone played them? Can anyone tell me ANYTHING about them?

Thanks!!
    2005 DW Collectors 6pc Broken Glass - 1997 DW Collectors 5pc Blue Abalone - 2009 Roland V Tour TD-9
    2000's Ludwig Classic Maple 3pc Oyster Black - 1960 Slingerland Gene Krupa 4pc Red Sparkle
    1987 Pearl GAX 6pc Piano Black - 1972 Pearl 5pc Gold Grain Pearl

2. Jesse Smash

That flat place in between Toronto and Vancouver

The only thing that I know about Supernatural is that it's a TV show, and that won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Randall Blythe
    "Don't fear death, because it's comin' anyway b**** cakes. Instead fear never having truly lived."

3. Pearl Forum Moderator

I played around with these cymbals quite extensively at NAMM. The owner started the company up less than a year ago.

The cymbals sound great! That's all I really can say. There's some nice dark cymbals, some nice bright cymbals...
    Pearl, the BEST reason to play drums

PDF PRESS

PHOTOGRAPHY - TWITTER - RUBBERDUCKY

4. There really is a Kalamazoo!

Do you know what series you like the best?
    2005 DW Collectors 6pc Broken Glass - 1997 DW Collectors 5pc Blue Abalone - 2009 Roland V Tour TD-9
    2000's Ludwig Classic Maple 3pc Oyster Black - 1960 Slingerland Gene Krupa 4pc Red Sparkle

5. Pearl Forum Moderator

I was particularly fond of the Heritage And Relic series.

http://supernaturalcymbals.com/products.htm
    Pearl, the BEST reason to play drums

PDF PRESS

PHOTOGRAPHY - TWITTER - RUBBERDUCKY

6. Registered User

I'm an endorsee for supernatural cymbals. Hands down the best cymbals ever, I owned a large set of high end sabians(hhx, aax, vault, ect..) and some meinl byzances and sold them all. I have known the owner for a while now, great guy and knows his stuff. None of there cymbals is below cymbal quality, and i'm not saying that because im an endorsee. I play just about every line. The progidy pro is equivalent to an A custom or aax. And it goes up from there. Right now im really loving the impact, divine, omega, and revelation. Anyway here are pics of my collection, note the lack of a bell on the bottom hats, it has an amazing sound with just the holes.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

7. Registered User

heres more
    Attached Images Attached Images      

8. Scott Member

Definitely something new and exciting. I will be eager to see some in person.
    Practice makes permanent.

My Kit

9. There really is a Kalamazoo!

Prog Drummer...thanks for the great info! The line I was specificially interested in at the moment was the Prodigy Pro line. I know that it is sort of their "entry level" line, and I wasn't sure if that meant entry level like a B8 or ZBT or something much better. Sounds like even their entry level stuff is of equal sound quality to some other brands professional lines. So if I picked up some Prodigy Pro's would they sound like professional quality cymbals?

10. Registered User

Heck yeah, Im playing their 13 in. hats as x hats and they are simply amazing, equal if not better than sabian's aax or zildjian's A custom line. I also play a 19 in crash in that line and is one of the sickest crashes I have ever played. I would strongly recommend picking some up.

11. Sticks before Chicks

I don't know where you come from Prog drummer but do you know if they are available in europe?
    "Art can be a reflection of society, and we're picking up the dark reflections"
    - Tom Araya, Slayer

12. 2011 PDF FFL CHAMP

I'm looking California ... And feelin' Minnesota, Oh Yeeaaah!

Quote Originally Posted by Prog drummer View Post
    I'm an endorsee for supernatural cymbals. Hands down the best cymbals ever, I owned a large set of high end sabians(hhx, aax, vault, ect..) and some meinl byzances and sold them all. I have known the owner for a while now, great guy and knows his stuff. None of there cymbals is below cymbal quality, and i'm not saying that because im an endorsee. I play just about every line. The progidy pro is equivalent to an A custom or aax. And it goes up from there. Right now im really loving the impact, divine, omega, and revelation. Anyway here are pics of my collection, note the lack of a bell on the bottom hats, it has an amazing sound with just the holes.
    Real nice looking cymbals my friend! Real nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Boom stands are for sissies.