Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by angry_white_boy View Post
    Your kit looks awesome!

But seems to take up alot of space for a 6pce with 10 cymbals and some electronics. I though racks were ment to save space?
    You're right mate. This particular set up takes some extra space because of the two 24"curved bar on both sides. But using cymbal stands on this set up will definitely take more space (just imagine all the cymbal legs on those stands)

I never use this at gigs though.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ed on drums View Post
    Hey! That takes a lot of work to CAD draw that out. Did you use AutoCad or what CAD software? I'd like to get a copy of that drawing file if possible. Can you send the drawing file via email to either of my addresses below? I would surely appreciate it. Nice drum kit too!

ed@ftisd.com or edcuevaondrums@yahoo.com

Thanks again!
    Hey mate, no I didn't use AutoCad. I did this in Cinema 4D. I can send you the c4d file if you still want it?

3. Registered User

Hey guys, I just thought I show you my updated drum builder. I know the cymbals are crap. I didn't spend time remodeling it. Maybe next month.

Cheers
    Last edited by jvvtheater; 07-10-2011 at 11:57 AM.

4. Vill bara åka hem

Don't just stick it online; try and sell it to Gibraltar. Your system is fantastic, and I think a big company would definitely pay a handsome price for the rights to it.

5. Drumoholic

Quote Originally Posted by cjbee View Post
    Sure beats the pencil sketches I used to do in Math class.
    And I thought I was the only one who did that...
    Church Drummers Army
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Pearl Forum Series in Wine Red
    Tama Superstar in White Satin Haze
    Pearl - Tama - Zildjian - Vater

6. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by British Boy View Post
    Don't just stick it online; try and sell it to Gibraltar. Your system is fantastic, and I think a big company would definitely pay a handsome price for the rights to it.
    ^ this!
    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by British Boy View Post

Cheers mate. yeah i need to spend more time with the details to make it look more interesting and ready for commercial use.

thanks.

8. Reason Over Religion

What does the Roland pedal trigger? I don't see any wires.
    Pearl Masters Studio BRX Millennium Mist Artist
    10x8, 12x9, 14x11, 16x13. 18x22, Eric Singer Sig Snare, 6x12 & 6x15 Rocket Toms
    Pearl Hardware and DW 5000 double pedals

9. Registered User

Right, been working on this on and off so this is an update. I had to download the toms as I can't spend any more time adding details on my model. After all, this is all about the drum rack, but had to add in some cool stuff in there rather than looking like a plain drum rack. You will notice it's in gold as well. I wanted to see what a gold plated rack would look like. I can change it to chrome or any colour.

The rack was completely designed by me. It was built out of necessity when I was building my own rack. You can see the actual kit on my sig.The other parts I had to download. I edited the drums, changed the colour, removed tom arms etc so you will notice there are no tom arms and clamps on this.

Thanks and hope you enjoy it! I sure enjoyed playing around with different drum finishes.

10. Registered User

More

11. The Hardware Guy

dude, that is properly PROPERLY awesome! Deffo sell it to Gibralter, or license it or something! If Gibraltar could use it on their site to allow a user to build up a rack with real dimensions, so you could figure what would and what wouldn't work/fit, that'd be invaluable!!!
    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2

12. Angoose

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    dude, that is properly PROPERLY awesome! Deffo sell it to Gibralter, or license it or something! If Gibraltar could use it on their site to allow a user to build up a rack with real dimensions, so you could figure what would and what wouldn't work/fit, that'd be invaluable!!!
    THIS.

This is seriously brilliant mate. Congratulations! I wish you luck if you approach a hardware company with this idea. It looks very professional.