Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Pearl Factory Tours

Just curious, does Pearl do any kind of Factory Tours in TN or anything else where people can come down to the factory? I'm going down to TN with my band to the Memphis Drum Shop to work out my cymbal and drum set-up.
    Yamaha / Pearl / Sabian / Zildjian / Paiste / Remo / Vic Firth

2. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HDFilmMaker2112 View Post
    Just curious, does Pearl do any kind of Factory Tours in TN or anything else where people can come down to the factory? I'm going down to TN with my band to the Memphis Drum Shop to work out my cymbal and drum set-up.
    There is no Factory in Nashville. It's offices and a wharehouse. All Pearl's manufacturing facilities are in Taiwan.
    FDNY Members murdered on 9/11/01
    http://nyfd.com/9_11_wtc.html

3. I <3 Miss Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by SLIPKNOT1 View Post
    There is no Factory in Nashville. It's offices and a wharehouse. All Pearl's manufacturing facilities are in Taiwan.
    and there's also a plant in chiba that caters to the local market

4. Registered User

Oh... I thought they had at least made one series in Tennessee. Alright then, I guess it's just Gibson and Memphis Drum Shop for stops then.
    Yamaha / Pearl / Sabian / Zildjian / Paiste / Remo / Vic Firth

5. The Fight Revisited.

On this note, I've been begging for a few years now to see a video tour of the Pearl factory. DW, Tama, Yamaha, Sonor, they all have released something along those lines, either online or in MD, to show from start to finish how their products comes together. Even Ddrum has given is footage from their vast warehouse and display room.

Pearl claims they make EVERYTHING in house, yet it seems completely unfeasible considering all the products Pearl makes, ranging from entry level kits all the way to high end custom dream drum sets, in addition to marching and concert percussion, traditional latin and world percussion, then factor in all the hardware components, hoops, tension rods, lugs, stands, clamps, thrones, pedals, the chroming facility, the R&D department, the shipping areas. Am I supposed to assume Pearl is making their own heads for the cheaper kits, and the budget cymbals they offer as well?

I have seen the video from the Vision factory in China. There is also a video with Ian Paice from years ago showing his Masters kit being made...but it still leaves much to the imagination.

It would be really fascinating to see all that under one roof...

6. www.drumhappy.net

To get into the factory, you need one of five golden tickets; which are randomly hidden in between plies of Masterworks shells - so if you see a MW kit, open it up with a chainsaw and you might get lucky.
    My educational products and free resources for teachers: [www.drumhappy.net]