Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Gauger RIMS Floor tom Dynamount Question

I am looking to add legs to my two floor toms 14" and 16" . Are the Gauger RIMS cradles the best way to go, or is there another brand that can do the same thing for me for less? I believe it will cost me around $200 to get the two from Gauger plus shipping. The toms are currently hooked up with the older style (black) opti-mounts. I bought the kit used and have always preferred legs on the floor toms.

http://www.gaugerpercussion.com/dynamount.html

Also, when I put the cradles on the drums, will I have to purchase new SKB cases that are one size larger than the actual size of the drum to make them fit??

-Thanks

Please check out my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/drummeraad

Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/daviesdrums

2. I <3 Erwinner

You could try these http://www.precisiondrum.com/DSS_Basket.jpg

I have used them befor, and they are "ok". But they are still $84, so I would fork out the extra money and get the gauger one, as they are a better quality.

And as fas as I know, as long as your cases are an extra size bigger, they should be fine.

3. "Spirit of 2002"

If you do go with Gauger RIMS your looking at $200.00 for just the 14" 16" plus you need legs and brackets so it's more like $300.00 +

I have been using the WorldMax setup you can get these for about $65.00 each and they come with legs

Here is some pic's of mine

Here is the stock hardware that comes with each Rim.
    What I did is pick up some Chrome Nylon Locking Nuts from your Local Hardware store

PDF Press
    Club Unemployed
    Founder / CEO
    "Spirit of 2002" #24

4. Band

I use regular floor tom legs with the Pearl Air Suspension floor-tom tips. The tips work suprisingly well.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by duhhh View Post
    I use regular floor tom legs with the Pearl Air Suspension floor-tom tips. The tips work suprisingly well.
    I highly recommend the Pearl Air suspension floor tom tips. They make a huge difference in sound, IMO.

Man, SoCal Mike is constantly looking for threads where he can post pics of his drums.
    Pearl Custom Z 10-12-13-16, 24, 18
    DW Collectors 10-12-14-22
    Renown 8-10-12-14-14-16-22
    68 Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl 20-12-16;
    WFL/Ludwig WMP 22-13-16; 14
    80's Gretsch 14-18-24
    WANTED: Custom Z 8", 14" toms; FOR SALE: Ludwig Blue Marble 12-13-16-16-18-22; Vistalite 13-14-15-16-18-24

6. "Spirit of 2002"

Quote Originally Posted by ConvertedLudwigPLayer View Post
    Man, SoCal Mike is constantly looking for threads where he can post pics of his drums.
    Not Me..............

I second those Air Tips from Pearl can't beat those for the price
    PDF Press
    Club Unemployed
    Founder / CEO
    "Spirit of 2002" #24

7. Moderator

I had Dyna Mounts on two of my kits and was impressed. They work very well, but as has been pointed out, they are pricey. The price on the Gauger site does NOT include legs and leg brackets.

The other issue is cases. You will definatley have to go one case diamater larger. And then you end up having the lower half fit fine and the top half bouncing around.

The Pearl air suspension tips work great compared to normal rubber feet. But their is no comparison to Dyna Mounts. But what sound are you after? If you want a fat sound and are going to use Pinstripes, EC2's etc, they why spend any money adding items to increase resonation when all you are going to do is lessen it through head choice and tuning.
    FDNY Members murdered on 9/11/01
    http://nyfd.com/9_11_wtc.html

8. Bacon Tastes Good.

I bought a used drum that had a cradle-- I actually drilled it and put legs on it!! SOoooo,I have 14" cradle-if you want it I'd let it go cheap--It is 14" and came with a pearl drum-not sure how many lugs.PM me if you'd like to buy it.
    DW Performance in Cherry Stain- love it!
    Pearl Masters jellybean kit
    Pearl Ferrone signature 6.5 X 14
    YAMAHA SD-493
    prestige session 9 x 13 wine red tom available-PM me!!

9. Drummin' slut & lovin' it

I did the floor tom cradle thing using a first generation RIMS one on a 15x13" Sessions tom. It was a poor design in that the tightening knobs stuck straight out and had to be completely removed for casing tightly in a 16" tom HardCase brand case. Yes, that was a tight fit with a 15 in a 16 case. Meanwhile I was also able to squeeze an 18" floor tom into another matching 16" case!

After that experience, when I built up my current gig kit, I added the factory legs to my new Masters 15x14 floor tom. Cost was under $60 not including shipping for the brackets and legs. Legs came with memory clamps and the air suspension feet.

If you like floor toms, make 'em real floor toms. SOOoo much simpler, packing and setting up. And CHEAPER, too.

weps
    Pearl Masters piano black: MRX 8x8, 10x8, 12x8, MMX 15x14, 18x16, MRX 20x16 bass
    Snares: 14x5 Blacrolite w/S-hoop, 14x5 SX jazz special pimped w/Mastercast.
    Cymbals: ALL PAISTE: 3000 heavy hats, Signature 16", 18" fast crash, 17" mellow crash, 20" heavy dry ride, 18" thin China