Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Youtube Drum Covers

I've been playing drums for 12 years now and I have been wanting to make some youtube videos doing covers for quite some time. The problem is that I don't know the first thing about how to go about making them. If someone could please point me in the right direction about what programs or whatever I need I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

2. Registered User

Surely! Get a Video Camera that has a DV input or something that connect to a computer via USB/ Firewire w/e. Video tape yourself playing, upload it to your computer, use either iMovie or MovieMaker depending on what kind of computer you have, and go from there! If I can give you some advice on something I've learned after about 40 videos though it's this: Listen to the track with headphones, and only video tape you're actual drumming. Then, afterwards, sync the audio track to your video... much better audio quality that way. GL!
    One Brick of Vic Firth 5A wood tip hickory American Classics available. Got them as a prize for a drum competition, but I use 5B's. Very flexible on the pricing. PM for details.

my band. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eye-on...3489634?ref=ts

3. Drum Abuser

I'm not sure how much it will help you, but here's my personal method. I'll launch Pro Tools, and import the song I want in it. I'll then launch iMovie and use the webcam. I'll start the webcam, and then start recording in Pro Tools (Because the song's imported, you'll be listening to it as you're recording in Pro Tools, and it will also be matched up). I then stop the webcam, and then get a decent mix of my drums in Pro Tools. I'll then turn the audio off of the video recorded in iMovie. After that, I'll bounce the audio from Pro Tools and try to sync it with the video recorded in iMovie. I hope this helps somewhat, and isn't confusing you more.

4. The Fight Revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush equals love
    Surely! Get a Video Camera that has a DV input or something that connect to a computer via USB/ Firewire w/e. Video tape yourself playing, upload it to your computer, use either iMovie or MovieMaker depending on what kind of computer you have, and go from there! If I can give you some advice on something I've learned after about 40 videos though it's this: Listen to the track with headphones, and only video tape you're actual drumming. Then, afterwards, sync the audio track to your video... much better audio quality that way. GL!
    That is how I do mine. They turned out great. (Link in my signature)

I use Windows Movie Maker that came installed on my PC. The only problem I had was figuring out how to "bump" the audio and video into sync but even that wasn't too difficult. You can also mix the audio from the cover recording into the original song. I like to put the orignal song slightly lower in the mix so the viewer can hear my drums more.

...you are using a Vision kit aren't you? There aren't a lot of really good Vision videos on YouTube. You'd be doing me a big favor if you could just posted a simple video of you playing ONLY the drums so I can get a good idea of what a VSX with Evans heads sounds like.
    Current kit - Pearl VBX Ruby Fade Outdoors
    All my previous kits - Here

5. Underneath the 60 ton angel

Quote Originally Posted by Genius Switch
    That is how I do mine. They turned out great. (Link in my signature)

I use Windows Movie Maker that came installed on my PC. The only problem I had was figuring out how to "bump" the audio and video into sync but even that wasn't too difficult. You can also mix the audio from the cover recording into the original song. I like to put the orignal song slightly lower in the mix so the viewer can hear my drums more.

...you are using a Vision kit aren't you? There aren't a lot of really good Vision videos on YouTube. You'd be doing me a big favor if you could just posted a simple video of you playing ONLY the drums so I can get a good idea of what a VSX with Evans heads sounds like.
    lol at the 'invisible rope trick'
    VINCIT QUI PATITUR

6. The Fight Revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by Judesign
    lol at the 'invisible rope trick'

haha yeah I tried it myself over the weekend. It works!
    Current kit - Pearl VBX Ruby Fade Outdoors
    All my previous kits - Here