Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Slipknot Rules!!!!!!!!!

Default SkullCandy FMJ vs. Bose In-Ear headphones

I am going to be buying a new pair of in ear headphones and am either going to get the Bose in ear headphones, or the SkullCandy Full Metal Jacket headphones. The Bose are about 100 bucks and the SkullCandy's are about 80 bucks. I have heard good things about both, but Im not sure which to get. The SkullCandy Full Metal Jackets are the best and most expensive headphones(in ear, at least) SkullCandy makes, so they must be good. I have heard that the Bose aren't worth 100 bucks and aren't that great. I am definitely getting one of these two, so please don't suggest a different brand. thanks

-any suggestions/comments on this?-
    drums aren't a hobby...they're a lifestyle

2. Registered User

Skullcandy... that name alone should make it a very easy decision...

3. Why so serious?

Quote Originally Posted by thismercifulfate
    Skullcandy... that name alone should make it a very easy decision...
    I'm do not have any experience with either, but I would not avoid the Skullcandy ones simply do to the name.
    Istanbul Agop
    Yamaha
    Evans

4. \m/

skullcandy's are nice, i have a pair of their midrange ones for my ipod. i really like em. But nothin beats my Shure e3c in ear monitors with custom ear pieces from sensaphonics! Those custom made ear sleeves were some of the best $150 i ever spent!

5. Miles Gibbons

I use Skullcandy "Smokin' Buds" ear buds for playing along to music\click track, and they work great. They aren't the highest fidelity ear piece you'll find on the market, but they sound better than most stock earbuds, for personal listening use, and kill enough exterior sound to play along to. I have no experience with with either of the products you mentioned, sorry!

6. Registered User

I have a pair of skullcandy headphones for general music listening, and they are horrible. They do not produce a clear sound whatsoever, and the bass range is a poor excuse for what is norm. iPod earbuds sound ten-times better.

7. kawaii desu

I would avoid it for the name alone.

8. get the bejahhmennss

Bose is top quality stuff. I know it's expensive, but it's probably worth it. I have a cousin who works for them so I get lots of free stuff; it all sounds awesome.
    James May fan club member #00000001.

9. <sarcasm>

Go to http://www.head-fi.org/forums/ if you want real headphone advise. Both models you picked are pretty terrible for their price. If you go to head-fi, you will probably not be able to find much on either model because it is taboo to even talk about those crappy headphones. If you want something in the $100 range there are many better options.

10. No Drum on Shabbas!!

I have a pair of the bose In-ear phones. Very good. However they are a bit midrange-y when it comes to play-back. They are comfortable, and stay in my ears, and are great for playing my drums along with my iPod. I use them with some giant isolation headphones worn over top of the bose ear-buds.

I'M NOT GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN!!! DO NOT CUT DOWN YOUR TOMS!!!

11. 1 0wn j00

Personally I would never buy a Bose home theater system. You can't make small sound big guys. Want big sound get a good set of speakers like Klipsch or B&W. Anyway that aside i'd say skull candy. I've heard one before, not sure which, but it sounded pretty darn good.
    My Kit:
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=183034

Tama Zildjian Remo Pro Mark Latin Percussion
    Leader of the Sexy Threads.
    (\_/)
    (''')(*.*)(''')

12. kawaii desu

Quote Originally Posted by YouthDrummer
    Personally I would never buy a Bose home theater system. You can't make small sound big guys. Want big sound get a good set of speakers like Klipsch or B&W. Anyway that aside i'd say skull candy. I've heard one before, not sure which, but it sounded pretty darn good.
    Someone gets it.

Oh, and +1 for Klipsch.