Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Different Drum Set Configurations

Hey Guys,
    I have recently been pondering a new drumset configuration, and am wondering what you guys think of it, or if you know any drummers (on youtube) that use something near it. I'll include a picture at the bottom, but in case it doesn't show up, here are the specs. I will not include the cymbals because that is all preference, however the picture will include my dream set up .

22 inch bass
    14 inch snare
    12 inch rack tom
    LEFT SIDE
    14 inch floor tom
    16 inch floor tom
    RIGHT SIDE
    15 inch floor tom
    18 inch floor tom

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Reference Guru

No, I have never seen that set up before. It looks kind of cool.
    Pearl Reference Drums - Meinl - Evans - Vater

22x20 x2 16x16 14x14 12x9 10x8 14x6.5

3. Registered User

I've been thinking into things you could do with it, and the thing that excites me the most is what you could do with double bass and tom/snare patterns (just working around the kit accenting on the snare, hard to explain, looking at your set up you probably know what i'm talking about ) All of your set-ups look amazing. I"m looking to get this set up in Pearl Masterworks or in Mapex Orion. I would get pearl, except i like to stay with one brand and my grandpa gave me a special black panther snare drum when i was young, and i really want to keep using it because it's nice, and its special .

4. Brick Tamland

I've tried that once. But then I made my drumset into 2 drumsets. (uses same throne/snare, until I can purchase another). It was very interesting. Alot of fun! Then again I do like the slightly out-there set-ups.
    I love when my cymbals talk dirty to me.
    Tama Swingstar
    My Ocean Sparkle Kit
    My Ebay
    Currently After: 8x7, 16x13, & 20x18 MMX Ocean Sparkle w/ Satin Hardware - Please PM if you found some!!

5. Hellbilly Hellraiser

do whatever the hell you want man, just cuz something works for me dont mean it will for you. Do what ever kickass for you dude!
    Git R done an Getcha Pull!!! 1 2 BBQ!!! memeber, every time you masterbate...God kills a Kitten!!!

6. Percusstitute

Do you actually have these drums or are you just playing around with graphics?

The "back two" floor toms, as illustrated, could be a challenge to play simultaniously.

7. Registered User

No i do not have these drums, i was just using the set up builder on www.sabian.com
    I only wish i had these drums. I'm only a teenager and can't get a job because i'm busy with school and sports, so these will have to wait. i was just seeing if any pros had this set up.

8. Registered Loser

I like the idea of it, but lots of floor toms isn't that practical.

Look at that graphic and you'll see it's next to impossible to reach the bass drum pedal.

Good to mess around with the accepted wisdom, though.

9. Registered User

good point, however, you could probably move them out an inch and it'd be fine. just like how travis barker (and many others) have a tom on each side, except for this just has 2 on each side.

10. Hail the Leaf

kinda resembles Bill Bruford's setup
    take a gander...
    "Laurie told me how you are at the office.. you know, as one gentleman to another, I really hope you get Lou Gehrig's Disease"

double bass Exports

11. Registered User

true!

12. Some Internet Guy

I like it a lot. My set is progressing closer and closer to symmetry.