Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Needs more cymbals

Default Why do people hate Linkin Park?

Of course every band on this planet will have haters, but why are some people acting as if lp is a **** venerial disease?? Just because i covered 2 songs on youtube, some say i have no drumculture, i suck and i am a poor thing (the one that called me that is a tranny, whos the poor thing here???).
    dont they realize that im only having fun playing those songs? its not like im a fan of lp, not at all! but even they have songs that i like and want to cover, so whats the big deal? just because they dont like it, they think nobody should be allowed to like it!

thats why i always say, that if there were no more religions, people would still kill each other. why? because of being dogmatic over which band is cool and which one sucks...

just had to let out some steam

~jason

2. oknia...

Yeap. The same stupid reason people hate Travis Barker, Paris Hilton...

MORONS!
    KayAun

Quote Originally Posted by EXHUMED
    Good thing you guys are just America's hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by space_jeff
    incorrect, America is Canada's arse :D

3. Don't Drag Me Down

most people are stupid and it's the internet that's the problem

**** their thoughts

4. Registered User

I remember a couple of years ago at a festival we have here called 'download' Linkin Park where the headliners, and I was off to go get my spot to see um. As i'm walking towards the stage, there is group of about 5 or 6 people walking towards the stage also, a girl in the group says 'why are we going to see linkin park anyway? they suck' as they carry on walking towards them.

5. oknia...

^Well, at least they're dumb enough to pay for the concert.
    KayAun

Quote Originally Posted by EXHUMED
    Good thing you guys are just America's hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by space_jeff
    incorrect, America is Canada's arse :D

6. *I was 11 when I made username

i like lp quite a bit. therye actually pretty good
    Quote Originally Posted by robby2161
    The real question is.....................Do you use the hi-hat pedal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniel Drummer
    SOmetimes, but mostly I hit it with my hands.

7. Banned

and they just another group pieced together by a record label n order to make them money?

8. *I was 11 when I made username

i saw some of ur vids. man u really like limp bizkit aye thats cool, so do i

anyway nice covers and man u have a f*ckin amazing set!
    Quote Originally Posted by robby2161
    The real question is.....................Do you use the hi-hat pedal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniel Drummer
    SOmetimes, but mostly I hit it with my hands.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Electrometal
    and they just another group pieced together by a record label n order to make them money?
    That doesn't mean they can't make good music; The Killers were a label-created band and they've got some brilliant songs, and do a great live show.

Linkin Park, on the other hand... I don't "hate" their music, but I do dislike it. I think it's horribly formulaic, Chester Bennington is a one-trick pony as far as his vocals are concerned, and the rapping vocalist (can't remember his name) delivers sub-par lyrics at an average standard.

The main reason I dislike them, though, comes down to this. Either they're genuinely troubled, still having issues with their self-esteem and their parents - which is pathetic at 25+ - or they're just hollow as hell, wriiting songs they know a huge percentage of teenagers will identify with because a huge percentage of teenagers are going through very generic problems, and most of Linkin Park's songs are about very generic teenage issues. I think the second one is more likely, but regardless, it's disappointing and makes for boring music with a lacklustre message.

10. Needs more cymbals

Quote Originally Posted by Benji
    That doesn't mean they can't make good music; The Killers were a label-created band and they've got some brilliant songs, and do a great live show.

Linkin Park, on the other hand... I don't "hate" their music, but I do dislike it. I think it's horribly formulaic, Chester Bennington is a one-trick pony as far as his vocals are concerned, and the rapping vocalist (can't remember his name) delivers sub-par lyrics at an average standard.

The main reason I dislike them, though, comes down to this. Either they're genuinely troubled, still having issues with their self-esteem and their parents - which is pathetic at 25+ - or they're just hollow as hell, wriiting songs they know a huge percentage of teenagers will identify with because a huge percentage of teenagers are going through very generic problems, and most of Linkin Park's songs are about very generic teenage issues. I think the second one is more likely, but regardless, it's disappointing and makes for boring music with a lacklustre message.
    at least you can explain your dislike in a very mature and down-to earth way man. i respect you for that! others just say "they suck" and thats it! i hate that. but you made a good point and you took your time to explain. thanks again

11. I killed Kenny

I'm just not a fan. Its just a little too whiny for me. Like Benji said, they sound hollow.
    As for you Jason, I enjoy all of your covers and watch them quite often. Especially your LB covers. Your an awesome player.....and your kit rules.
    I want to tenderly caress your face.....with my fist

Mapex M-Birch in Black Forest Cherry
    Ludwig 6.5 Supraphonic
    Sabian Paragons

I love you grandma!!

12. *Hardcore training*

I'm not stupid enough to hate a band. In fact, I enjoy a couple of their songs.

My point of view here is that, as said above, people IS dumb. do you really have time to hate a band, to state that "they suck" or whatever? I mean, is it really necessary? If you don't like a band you can just not listen to it.

you have to keep in mind that most 'haters' are just stupid kids. and I'm not talking about LP, but music in general.

you can hate a person for his/her actions, you can hate a government for what it does, you can hate the law for what it does to people sometimes, you can hate people that hurt you, but... hating a band? seriously (nothing in particular, just ideas. I had problems here before so I referring just in general).

I don't know if you can follow my lead (it's a little bit difficult for me to express this kind of 'phillosophical' ideas in english due to my lack of practice), and anyone is welcome to discuss via PM/email/whatever (so as not to get off the thread direction)