2 1.39%
  • Other Custom Company Not Listed

47 32.64%
  • Big Name Brands (Tama, Pearl, DW etc)

44 30.56%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Hi There

Default Favorite Custom Drum Company

Being as they are very popular now im curious as to whats everyones fav drum company and why. Please dont bother lecturing about how they are all the same, yes we are well aware they are all just keller shells assembled by some guys. But its interesting to see how some people are loyal to one company as opposed to another. So anyways vote for your fav custom company or if you are completely against the trend and favor big name companies. Sorry if i forget a few in the poll, i know i missed Epiarch my bad!!!!

2. Bronx NY, and West Palm Beach

Theyre not all Keller shells...

Thats why I love Brady!

3. a man. a plan. a canal. panama

1) SJC
    2) Truth (so ******* expensive)
    3) Epiarch

I have to say though, sound quality wise it's a sheer fact you won't get better than a Pearl Reference kit (toms and bass-wise...snares are a bit more personal)

It's just a fact the things will out-do any custom keller kit...plus, you can get them in those "gigantic custom sizes" Sure, I didn't get anything completely odd, cause Pearl doesn't offer it...but my kit is styled more like a post-hardcore custom kit than your average Reference. I had the choice of getting a truth kit when I bought my Reference, and I still chose Reference...money was no object with my kit - hence the SJC snare (1100 dollars for the snare alone)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHXplorer View Post
    I believe it has these measurements:
    Depth : Chuck Norris
    Diameter : John Petrucci

John Petrucci = Chuck Norris²
    Chuck Norris x John Petrucci = Chuck Norris x Chuck Norris² = Chuck Norris³

My YouTube

4. Anything Goes

I don't care if a company uses Keller, JTPCo, Unix, Gold n Times, RCI, or any other shell company. If they are well made/assembled, sound good, and do the job with no problems. I like them.

However, I do not like the over-the-top out there finishes. I know that is what customers are ordering and the custom companies don't build those items because they feel like it. But I believe there is a limit a custom company should set for themselves. Be classy, but imaginative.

5. Anything Goes

I see you just added the poll option. I selected other, for what I said above, however my favourite would be Conception Unix. The highest quality stave shells, AMAZING lacquer finishes, Canadian built and assembled, the best part...FANTASTIC prices. You just can't beat that.

http://www.conceptionunix.com/

6. Registered User

I would try the Belgium company Lignum drums then ... they build stave-shells. When I want something custom ... it has to be something complete different then all others.

Hardware ... still Tama head over shoulders !

www.lignumdrums.com

7. Hi There

Quote Originally Posted by Renalen
    1) SJC
    2) Truth (so ******* expensive)
    3) Epiarch

I have to say though, sound quality wise it's a sheer fact you won't get better than a Pearl Reference kit (toms and bass-wise...snares are a bit more personal)

It's just a fact the things will out-do any custom keller kit...plus, you can get them in those "gigantic custom sizes" Sure, I didn't get anything completely odd, cause Pearl doesn't offer it...but my kit is styled more like a post-hardcore custom kit than your average Reference. I had the choice of getting a truth kit when I bought my Reference, and I still chose Reference...money was no object with my kit - hence the SJC snare (1100 dollars for the snare alone)
    wow that is alot indeed for a snare drum! what finish did you get it in? ive considered just biting the bullet and buying an sjc snare.

8. Caleb

I voted UDrum just because from what I've heard the quality of there work is flawless and there custom finishes look so clean and nice.

9. Delusions

though i'm not big on custom companies myself, my personal favorite is Maryland Drum. absolutely stunning drums all around. superior quality/craftsmanship and sound. though VERY expensive, they are SO worth it.

10. Grandmaster Yoda

Last one

11. umm...bread?

Although I do like Truth, Shine, etc., I would personally choose Epiarch because it seems much more personal. I know the company hasn't been around for a long time, but it seems Jesse sure knows what he's doing, and it's only getting better!

12. John Bonham, So hot right now.

epiarch
    Sean

Johnbonhamism.