Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. 0x29A

Default best budget cymbals

post the best cymbals that are in the budget series (ZBTs, B8s etc etc)

best splash - ZHT 10" splash, i love the sound of that splash, and for only $60? i had 2 of them

best hihat - ZXT rock hihats, not the best hihats but are pretty good for a budget line

best crash - ZHT 17'' fast crash, my friends has this on his kit and i love it

best ride, ZXT 10" rock ride, i completely love this ride cymbal. id rather use this as my main ride than many other high price ones ive played

2. Registered User

Best everything: Meinl Classic.

3. The Dude abides.

Istanbul Mehmet Medium Thin 16" crash.

It's not one of those really cheap budget cymbals, but it sounds amazing. I got it for a little more than the ZHT crash you posted, but it may be more expensive in the USA/UK/wherever.

If you do see it in a shop though, try it out; IMO it's an almost professional sound for a great price. Favourite cymbal I own for sure.

4. Registered User

I tried out a Mehmet cymbal pack once, 20" ride, 16" crash and 14" hats. They were all medium I think. Sounded awesome, didnt know they were low-quality. They are pretty expencive.

5. The Dude abides.

Most Mehmet cymbals are awesome, it's just that the price depends on where you live;

If you were to go to Turkey, they would probably be insanely cheap. If you live near Turkey like me, the prices are reasonable. Anywhere else, the prices in local shops would probably be quite harsh.

However, I hear that www.cymbalsonly.com has a decent choice of Istanbul cymbals with sound clips as well, so you may want to try that.
    I just looked at the site, and the cymbals aren't budget at all. Sorry.

6. Registered User

I don't know how low the price has to be to be called "budget", but those Mehmets are considerably cheaper at vintagedrum.com (~$160 for a pair of 14" hats). Not too much more than B8 Pros, and sound a hell of a lot better.

As for the best budget cymbals, can I vote for used professional cymbals?

Gnib, how much do they cost where you live?

7. Hi There

not sure i know tis a tiny bit more then budget cymbals but the sabian xs20 stuff is really good for the price.

8. Why so serious?

Wuhan Traditional Drumset Cymbals. Especially the 14" Crash...
    Istanbul Agop
    Yamaha
    Evans

9. Registered User

if you can ever get your hands on some dream cymbals, they are very inexpensive and are handmade. these cymbals are very very good
    York Honey Amber Oak Custom

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=142952

yama-yakuza

Berklee Class of 2010

My Band

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by vicfirthtenorline
    if you can ever get your hands on some dream cymbals, they are very inexpensive and are handmade. these cymbals are very very good
    I second Dream cymbals. I've got all my Zildjians collecting dust in the closet since i started playing them. I got all mine off of www.frontrangebronze.com I carefully picked them from listening to the soundfiles and couldn't be happier with the result. The only thing i've found is that they are fairly inconsistant in sound from cymbal to cymbal. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Just don't dismiss them after hearing only one or two

11. Registered User

Used cymbals!!!
    Gretsch Catalina Birch Drums | Zildjian "A" Cymbals | Pearl/Gibraltar Hardware | Pro-Mark Drum Sticks | Evans Drum Heads

12. Pearl Drums ☺

Quote Originally Posted by VegaTDM
    post the best cymbals that are in the budget series (ZBTs, B8s etc etc)

best splash - ZHT 10" splash, i love the sound of that splash, and for only $60? i had 2 of them

best hihat - ZXT rock hihats, not the best hihats but are pretty good for a budget line

best crash - ZHT 17'' fast crash, my friends has this on his kit and i love it

best ride, ZXT 10" rock ride, i completely love this ride cymbal. id rather use this as my main ride than many other high price ones ive played
    10" ride !?!?!?! and yea used cymbals good point. zhts sound great tho