Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. resU deretsigeR

Default Yamaha TMX module?

Probably wont get any response but was thinking it may be fun to play around with a bass trigger. So i was looking at old modules and came across the yamaha tmx which appears to be fairly decent. Information on it .

Now for the questions.

Will a ddrum trigger fit, i read somewhere that they dont fit right in this module?

If i just want to play around with triggers do you think this would be worth it?

How much would be a good price to get this for?

Do you think this would have a nice variety of bass sounds?

Sorry for all the questions, i know absolutely nothing about triggers and modules other than i would like to try some out .

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by vaterflip
    Now for the questions.

Will a ddrum trigger fit, i read somewhere that they dont fit right in this module?
    Whether you're using the DDrum Pro triggers or the lesser expensive DDrum Red Shot triggers, the end of the cable which plugs into the module is 1/4". The Yamaha module shows 1/4" inputs, so the fit won't be the problem.

The problem you may have is this: Generally speaking, DDrum triggers work best with DDrum modules; Roland triggers work best with Roland modules; etc. There may be some compatibility issues with DDrum triggers and that particular Yamaha brain, but I can't see the fit of the connection being the issue.

I don't know much about this particular Yamaha module, so I don't want to say much more. Give it time and you'll probably get some additional responses.

3. resU deretsigeR

I think if i can get it for under 20$ i will. It will just be a toy so i dont want to invest serious money into a module.

Does this sound like a good idea?

4. Registered User

I don't see how you can get hurt for $20....