Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default pearl world series drums?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all right here comes this again, this guy locally has this kit for sale. i have had a few pearl kits in my day and still have one now, i am tossing around the thought of offering a price. he says this is a world series kit, and it was a kit constucted of birch plies with a maple ply put on last layer. they were made in the early 80's. ive never heard of them, has anyone else? and they are in an amazing state of spottless clean, like new condition for sure, they have new powerstroke 3 bass heads, and pinstripes all around the toms, BUT NO SNARE. only what is pictured, drums, cases, and tom mounts. he claims 875 is his bottom buck. tom diamaters are, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 22 basses and cases. i think its a bit high for an old kit, but they are pristine condition, and its a big kit! what is everyones opinion?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Flying Dutchman

The world series consisted of the WX series (covered) and WLX series (laquered).
    The shells were 7.5mm, phillipine mahogany with a birch inner and outer ply.
    The were discontinued in the 90's and followed up by the session series.

They were semi pro kits, sounded great.

I don't know about US prices, but I would rate this kit, if it's in mint condition, in the Pearl export price class today.

3. Homer's Love Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Z
    The world series consisted of the WX series (covered) and WLX series (laquered).
    The shells were 7.5mm, phillipine mahogany with a birch inner and outer ply.
    The were discontinued in the 90's and followed up by the session series.

They were semi pro kits, sounded great.
    I played a World kit forever. It was great. My World Series 11x13" tom is still my favorite tom ever. Just resonates for days, even when it's out of tune a little.

4. Registered User

Very nice kit!! I would definatly recommed them, especially for $875.00!!!! That is a steal for that size kit and in that kind of condition!! If you can get it for less, all the better. My first decent set of drums was in fact a World Series 5pc. in the same color. I loved it, and used it to play out on several occasions. It is nice to see some of those in good condition still around and being used still today. I would buy that right now if I had that offer! Very sweet, great sounding and well built drums!
    Last edited by DrumminDave; 07-10-2007 at 12:46 PM.

5. Registered User

I had the exact same kit same color and all it was a great kit bought it new back in the day when I was playing in an 80's metal band it served me well

6. Registered User

thanks for the expert advice everyone. i will probably go pick it up. i dont need another kit ive got 3 kits now, but i just like it enough to to it.

7. Registered User

Hope this helps. The kit you are looking to buy is dated between '85 and '89.
    And has birch /mahogany ply shells with an inner ply of super lamin exactly the same as the Dlx's at that time. The colour is Coral red.

Here's the history of World Series kits that i took great care over to get just right. Nice kit, you should however put new skins with much smaller or no holes on the fronts. This will deliver the deep rich bass that these shells are renowned for.

Regards Robbie.

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...2&page=2&pp=12

8. CHANDRAFIZANTA

Default My DrumSet Is A PEARL-WORLD Series.

[SIZE=3]My DrumSet Is a PEARL-World Series
    {apologize,... noPicture posted, because I can not manage to do it}.
    It is BLACK
    I bought it in 1988
    It's My Baby !

The Configuration is :

14" steel SnareDrum
    10", 12",13", 14" tom-tom
    16" Floor tom
    22" BassDrum

1- Pearl Straight CymbalStand
    1- Pearl Boom CymbalStand
    1- Pearl SnareDrum Stand

w/ add-ons :

10" Yamaha PopCorn SnareDrum
    18" Yamaha StageCustom
    14"x7" PREMIER Hammered Brass SnareDrum.

10-piece Paiste-Signature Cymbals

1-Pearl-Eliminator Hi-hat stand
    1-LP-Ascend Double-BassPedal
    1-Gibraltar SaddleThrone
    and several CymbalStand , (full , and half Stands)[/SIZE}

----->That is "the Reason To Join This Forum" !

Sorry if this post has a big fontsize...

cheers