Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Red Skies

Default Drum stores in/ around central London (UK)

...so i'm currently in London for the w/e, are there any decent Drum stores relatively centrally at all? Looking to have a gander and see what I can see.

All help will be repped of course!

Ta v much!

2. Registered User

There's "Tin Pin Alley" which is in central London. It's a smallish shop with a fair few nice cymbals and stuff. It's between Leicester Square and Tottenham Court Road, although I can't remember which one it's nearer to.

Or there's Wembley Drum centre, which claim to be the UKs largest shop which is probably a 20minute tube journey from central london, plus a 5 minute walk to the store. An awesome shop, with plenty of stuff available.

There are many more, but I've been to those too.

3. .deviantart.com

Tin Pan Alley drum shop, mentioned above, is in Denmark Street which a few seconds walk from tottenham court road station. Denmark Street is a small alleyway type road which is packed full of music shops. There's at least 3 very good drum shops there (tin pan alley being the largest), a few piano/keyboard shops and loads of guitar shops.
    It's well worth a visit and while you're there go in the virgin megastore on oxford street (30 secs walk away). It has a whole lower basement dedicated to musical instuments. Mostly guitars, but they always have an impressive range of electronic drums.

Both are definately worth taking the time to visit.

4. Registered User

Another great little shop is Drumshack on Lavender Hill, Battersea (get a tube to Clapham junction). It's small, but normally stuffed with great secondhand gear.

Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz in Walnut Glaze / Ludwig Acrolite / Murat Diril Black Sea hi-hats / Istanbul Sultan 17" Crash / Wuhan 16" Swish / Sabian AAX 21" Memphis Ride

5. Red Skies

Ok, thanks a lot guys! I did a google search obviously, but just wanted some more "concrete" info.

Cheers!