Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Yes, THAT FlashBazbo!

Default Paiste Signature Dark Crisp Hi-Hats?

I have played these hats in a studio and they sounded great in a sound-controlled environment. Now, I'm considering buying a set for my own use -- for both the practice room and live performance.

Does anyone play the Paiste Signature Dark Crisp Hi-Hats? Do you play them "out?" What do you think? Are they as good live as they are in the studio? (And, what kind of music do you play? What other cymbals do you play them with?)
    FlashBazbo

2. Weapons of Mass Percussion

I've played them at my local drum store. Excellent hats! Just about everything I'd want hats to be.

3. Registered User

I've also used them in the studio environment, but don't have experience with them live. Amazing hats though. I would love a pair myself.
    I've considered custom ordering a pair of 15" from Paiste.
    Would probably cost waaayyyyy too much for me.

Josh Freese has used them live for years with a number of bands, I know.
    I guess you could look for some of his live stuff...
    Other than that, I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttaM View Post
    jamfelt is a way of life. it's its own culture.

4. X VAULT OF THE ADEPTS

Great hats!
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBeat-Jazz
    Demfer IS a source. He is never wrong. Anyone who thinks Demfer is a person is a complete fool. If you were to look at him, you would explode. :eek: :eek:

5. Emu Tamer Extraordinaire

I've got 13" Visions Fulls, which are 13" Sig Dark Crisps with the colorsound coating. They do record very well. But if you're looking for a super loud and cutting pair of live hats, these aren't it. They sound exactly like the name says... If you're into bashing 1/2 open hihats for 3 hours at full stick height, these end up turning into sonic mush after a certain volume level. The top is so thin that it basically starts acting like a crash cymbal.

Then again, I love them for live use (I'm not a really hard hitter).
    My Music

equipment list

If anyone has a 20" (any depth) Ocean Sparkle Masters kick and wants to trade for an 18x22 BRX, please PM me

6. I run like a Welshman

Hmmm.. I've only played these in a store 3-4 times, and they're one of my fav pair of hats. Some people who use them say they're loud enough for heavy metal, others say they're not very loud.

I know for sure that they're extremely versatile, but I don't know if they're THAT loud.
    Yern desh bern, de rit de git der goo; yern desh, de bern desh, de umm, BORK BORK BORK

www.paiste-only.com

7. Weapons of Mass Percussion

I'm pretty interested in these hats actually. Will they do good for Dream Theater / Tool stuff (hats need to be versatile for that music)? Or would I be better of with the Sig Sound Edges?

8. k0b0nG

Danny Carey used them also for many years .
    I have these hats and I play them long long time ... All I can say is this : don't ask questions they're just dream. They fit to all music style .

9. Weapons of Mass Percussion

Great thanks, maybe I can keep my Heavy Innovations as secondairy hats in my kit.

10. Banned

I love the sound of these hi-hats. 14" model specifically. Pretty much perfect.

11. I run like a Welshman

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reyns
    Great thanks, maybe I can keep my Heavy Innovations as secondairy hats in my kit.
    The eleventh commandment: Thou shalt not sell/give discontinued paistes to anyone but me.
    Yern desh bern, de rit de git der goo; yern desh, de bern desh, de umm, BORK BORK BORK

www.paiste-only.com

12. Registered User

I had the 13", it was great, but I had to sell it because it was a bit to "weak" for my playing style.