Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Don't just dream it, DO IT!

Question New Trick or DW 9000 Titanium pedals?

Okay guys,

For those in the know:

Which pedal seems to be the the bomb, TRICK, or DW 9000 TITANIUM?

I know they're both amazing pedals.

I've played the DW Titaniums and they were impressive, for sure. However, I know they were a limited release and hard to find in a double configuration.

I haven't played the Trick pedals, yet, but I've read about them and the technology Trick put into them is nothing short of amazing to me.

I plan to snag a set, but I don't want to pay that much only to end up with second best. Anybody have one of them, or played both?
    www.tacticalinsider.com

Pearl Exports, Tico Sig Snare, Paiste, Trick "Big Foot" pedals, Gibraltar, Ahead sticks, Evans EC2's.

2. Spirals

I have played the DW 9000 Titanium. The pedals were extremely smooth as you know, but i personally dont think they are worth the price. I havent played the trick pedals so i cant give a opinion on them, but have you considered looking at Axis Pedals?

3. Registered User

I've played both, and the Trick is mind-blowing in terms of lightness, adjustability and response.

My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb. Those who doubt me, suck **** by choice.
    Mapex Saturn Pro

4. Registered User

Only played the Trick in a music store, but I instantly liked them !

My son's been playing the DW 9000 (borrowed from a friend) and he didn't like them compared to Iron Cobras. He went out and bought new ICs.
    www.showtimesoundllc.com

Want a Ludwig Acrolite ? PM me.

5. Don't just dream it, DO IT!

I was fortunate enough to watch Gi Gi Gonaway (Mariah Carrey's drummer for 14 yrs) in the recording studio today. He's got a pair of the DW 9000 Titaniums and, of course, loves them. He says he can play faster with them.

I do think the Axis are very good pedals, as well. However, I really want some exposure to the new Trick pedals before I spend my money.

I don't want any issues with my pedals on the road. That's why I lock-tite all my screws and check my pedals regularly. I know the regular DW pedal boards break occasionally. Not cool. I also know some IC's fail from time to time. That's why I was thinking the Titanium might be worth the peace of mind for reliability.

It's hard to know without playing them. Anybody seen the Trick pedals in a local music store? If so, which store?
    www.tacticalinsider.com

Pearl Exports, Tico Sig Snare, Paiste, Trick "Big Foot" pedals, Gibraltar, Ahead sticks, Evans EC2's.

6. TRICK Drums

I've had the standard length Pro 1 V double for about 1 year now
    only problem I have had is different stages require you to set the angle of beaters depending on how level stage is etc. otherwise the beaters are not "flush" with the head (similar any flat face beater.)
    because the beater style is flat ended, I would also say I owed the DW 9000 for two years before the pro1s. Both brands are stand up and roadworthy.
    The direct drive is something to get used to compared to the swing or slop factor the DWs have. You will suck on the pro1 vs if you are used to relying on the swing too much, which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it. After a little practice, the pro 1 v accuracy and speed does impress me still. and , it makes me go practice more because what I could get away with on Dws, I can not get away with on pro1's however what I can do on Pro1's I can now do faster than I did on DWs.
    if that makes anysense.
    test hop both and go with what works best for you. My DW9000 are my back ups now, but have not had to use them.
    rock on
    I am very biased towards Trick though.

7. Pearl, Paiste, Pro Mark

I've played around with the Trick double pedal at Long and Mcquades in Calgary only for a few moments though. In short I thought they felt very close to the Axis longboards, incredibly nice pedals indeed, but $1000.00 for a double pedal! No thanks I like my Eliminators just fine.

8. Pray for Pills

I want v-1......single.....I have this thing I do, called DYNAMICS....

but really, for the money, just sticking with dw's is fine, look at JoJo mayer, he does heel-toe blast beats that put yours to shame with a single.....

practice practice practice..

if you can't do it with the 400 dollar v-1 single...you probably couldn't do it with the double holmes.
    What did MK-ULTRA do to me?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKULTRA

9. Registered User

If you're worried about breakdown while on the road. You can get TWO maybe THREE pair of ICs for the price of the Tricks.
    www.showtimesoundllc.com

Want a Ludwig Acrolite ? PM me.

10. Jeff Kness

AS long as you go over your pedals often Axis's to me are the best. Thats why i recently bought a pair. I dunno about the tricks. I've saw them they look nice but i dunno. I like springs I guess. The 9000s are very nice just not for me.

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN
    Anybody seen the Trick pedals in a local music store? If so, which store?
    Guitar Center

My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb. Those who doubt me, suck **** by choice.
    Mapex Saturn Pro

12. Registered User

I would look at the Axis pedals too, although they are very much an acquired taste and some people just don't get on with them. They feel strange at first! I've had a play with a single Trick and it was fantastic, but whether it's 250 more fantastic than my DW 5000s is another matter entirely! I didn't think it was even close to being worth the extra dosh, good as it is.

S'all personal at the end of the day tho....