Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Reuther Drums?

1. Registered User

Default Reuther Drums?

dose anybody know anyting about Reuther drums?
    my friends has a set and dosnt know anything aboiut them. any and all help would be greatly appreciated..

it is a4 pc. jazz setup..looks pretty old
    it has a very very nice finish to it..kind of like a gray cracked marble.. very cool looking have a good day

2. Gene Okamoto

In the office of the President of Pearl in Japan, there's a collection of old badges framed on the wall. These badges are some of the 30+ brands that Pearl used to make O.E.M. for other distributors. One of the badges is Reuther! Unfortunately, I don't have any information on these kits. Hopefully someone reading this will have a catalog to scan.

Drumguru has an excellent site describing the history of Japanese drums that can be seen here: http://www.drumguru.com/museum.htm

3. 1983 Pearl 'M' Series

My first kit was a Reuther 5 piece. Bought it in '79 or '80? $199.99 They sounded great! Took a beating in the backseat of my Olds Cutlass going from gig to gig. They held up quite well 'till I bought my Pearls in '83.

4. Registered User

Reuthers were my very first kit back in 1981. A 2 piece! rack tom and a bass drum. I had a premier snare. Nice orange finish.