Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default How much floor space do drum sets generally take up???

I was just wondering if anyone could let me know about how much floor space a 5 piece drumset would take up? My son wants a set for xmas and i want to make sure there will be enough room in his bedroom. Thank You!!

2. Registered User

to be comfortable you ahould have about 5' by 5' at least
    LSALZDRUM32

3. I <3 Boobs

omg...u dont even wanna know for some of the forum members (Fran ) but mine is abotu 6X5 with throne. without throne I could easily set it up racked in a 6X4 and have it comfy...then id have to play standing up...which i have done before
    "Beer Is Good! Beer Is Good. Beer Is Good. And Stuff!!!!" PsychoStick

Saluda Cymbals

My Project Kit

You Give Me Rep...I'll return it ASAP

4. the end of faith

I think that mine is about 7'x7' tops. It might be a little wider than it is deep, so maybe 7' wide and 5' deep.

5. Registered User

It really all depends on the size of your kit. Terry Bozzio wouldn't exactly be the most comfortable chap in the land if he had a 5'x5' space. Me on the other hand... I would be fine in that. It's all a matter of size and preference.

- Eric
    absent and not always accounted for.

6. Registered User

Thank you all very much! That helps a lot and it sounds like he has the space in his room. He just may be getting one

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by amcmillan
    Thank you all very much! That helps a lot and it sounds like he has the space in his room. He just may be getting one
    So Cool ! What a nice Dad !

8. Exploring the beat world !

I'd say looking at my set at this very moment and 6' X 6' would be good, letting the cymbal stand leg spread and cymbals space to move ie.: hi-hat, ride, china.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: TAMA - AQUARIAN - DW - SABIAN - ISTANBUL MEHMET - ZILDJIAN

Member of: Aquarian Preacher Nation & AAXplosion Army

maniac0796: Doesn't matter with Remo. By the time you realize they had coating, it'll be gone.

9. Георги

Quote Originally Posted by DrummerBoy27
    It really all depends on the size of your kit. Terry Bozzio wouldn't exactly be the most comfortable chap in the land if he had a 5'x5' space. Me on the other hand... I would be fine in that. It's all a matter of size and preference.

- Eric
    he DID say a 5 piece kit. If you want some reference, look ]here , it's my set, 5 piece. I hope you get a rough idea of the space you'd need.

10. This is just a tribute

I used to set up weekly on a church "stage" of six 4' X 8' risers and my footprint, as crammed back as I could get and not be nervous about accidentally slipping off of the back, was about a 6' X 6' footprint for my 5 piece, fusion sized kit. I think that 7' X 7' is better, but it can be done in 6' X 6'.
    Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

11. inspired by Brian Blade.

my kit can fit in a 5 foot box.

Lord, protect me from your followers!

In Sonor i trust.

Every man has a right to decide his own destiny.

12. Registered User

I built a 5" riser in the basement 6' x 8' (in case we got water) and it is perfect.
    The pain, the torment and torture, profanity,
    nausea, suffering, perversion, calamity...
    You can't get away