Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Convince me!

1. registered spendaholic

Default Convince me!

that a ELX was the better choice from a Stage Custom Nouveu!

also i love all the ELX colours so show me yours so i can decide on a colour b sunday as i will have my refund from the yammy and be getting a ELX

Rep involved!

2. Heat induces royalty

click at my sig.... RUBY FADE!!!!!!!
    ((latest PICS, page 24!!))

:o ::Pearl:: :o -- Sexport ELX 10" 12" 13" 16" 22", 14"x5" Sensitone Classic II brass
    :) ::Sabian:: :) -- Vault + AAX
    :D ::Evans:: :D --EC2/G1, EMAD, PCRD/Hazy300

- :eek: SEXPORT CLUB :eek:

3. registered spendaholic

that is one mighty fine finnish ther! i like it

4. yeah about that.....

one thing LUGS

yamaNAH has plastic lugs

while

Elx has MEtal lugs or sometype of metal and not plastic

5. registered spendaholic

the Yammy lugs reduce head changing by half wich is handy but it is a destinct look only few could like!

6. OH EM GEE LAWL!!!

I love Yamaha's. But I'd get the ELX if I were you. They are just overall better drums.
    In Glock we Trust

7. Registered drum user

I think that the elx is a great idea. The plastic lugs on the Yamahas don't seem like a good idea. As far as colour; black burst.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Pearl SMX Marine Blue Fade (outdoor pictures)
    Pearl Limited Edition Burl Mahogany Snare
    Vintage 60s Ludwig snare restoration
    Sabian cymbals and Vic Firth sticks

8. I am a digital arteest.

yammies just ...rule in every way

9. Blah Blah Blah

elx!!!
    the are so much better!
    yamaha lugs may seem like a good idea, but i dont think they hold up very well, thats not a good price to pay for being able to change heas a little faster.

Colors!!!-- elx colors are so amazing! any of them beat yammies into the underworld.

price.-- i looked into pricing and yamahas are more expensive than elx, elx is much better price, and value.

Yess vs iss.-- iss mounts are much better, more resonant, and sturdier, they dont drill into the shell like yess

hardware.-- yamaha hardware is dinky and is no match fo pearl's awesome sturdy hardware.

Support-- yamaha makes so many other products besides drums, and besides musical intruments. I find it hard to believe that they could be fully devoted to their drums when they have4 other things to manage. pearls cutomer support is awesome and they put their hart and soul into their drums.

i hope this convinced you to buy elx's, if you do, the cheapest prices are @ massmusic.net, only 750!!

---conbob
    :rolleyes:

Proud Member of the Elx Fade Tribe

PICS OF MY TOTALLY AMAZING ELX IN GREEN FADE

man... im green burst with envy.....
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, put this in your signature

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by conbob
    elx!!!
    the are so much better!
    yamaha lugs may seem like a good idea, but i dont think they hold up very well, thats not a good price to pay for being able to change heas a little faster.

Colors!!!-- elx colors are so amazing! any of them beat yammies into the underworld.

price.-- i looked into pricing and yamahas are more expensive than elx, elx is much better price, and value.

Yess vs iss.-- iss mounts are much better, more resonant, and sturdier, they dont drill into the shell like yess

hardware.-- yamaha hardware is dinky and is no match fo pearl's awesome sturdy hardware.

Support-- yamaha makes so many other products besides drums, and besides musical intruments. I find it hard to believe that they could be fully devoted to their drums when they have4 other things to manage. pearls cutomer support is awesome and they put their hart and soul into their drums.

i hope this convinced you to buy elx's, if you do, the cheapest prices are @ massmusic.net, only 750!!

---conbob

What he said.

11. Registered User

ELX sound better. I have played on plenty of stage customs and Exports and I stand by the export series as the better deal.
    Pearl, Sabian, Remo, Vic Firth, Gon Bops.

12. Registered User

The head change thing isn't really a worthy thing. I've neverh had to change a head in 30 seconds so I don't need em. I love blue mist like it was my brother anyway!
    Attached Images Attached Images